New to Copywriting, how do i start?

We all need to start somewhere. If you have a newbie question, ask it here
4rbi

New to Copywriting, how do i start?

Post by 4rbi »

Hi everyone, i recently heard about copywriting and started to inform myself about this topic, did some research on google and watched a few youtube videos. I already know what copywriting is etc, my problem is that i dont know where to start, how to get offers from companies etc. and how to master the skill of copywriting. Should i join an agency, buy a course etc? How did you guys start?

thanks in advance.
Franklin
Copywriter

Re: New to Copywriting, how do i start?

Post by Franklin »

Hi @4rbi,
Welcome to the forum.
4rbi wrote: November 4th, 2022, 11:20 am my problem is that i dont know where to start,
Do you have any writing experience? Having a portfolio of past work, to show potential customers, would be a good place to start.

how to get offers from companies
I wouldn't worry about this yet. Unless you have experience you will have a hard time getting offers from any companies. Not too many companies are willing to let someone with no experience take control of their advertising.

But don't let that stop you from trying. You never know, you might get lucky. Or maybe you can try offering yourself as an unpaid intern?

and how to master the skill of copywriting.
Practice, practice, practice. ;)

How did you guys start?
I started by joining freelance sites and writing articles and blog posts.
“There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who can count, and those who can't”
Share This With Friends