Completely New to Copywriting.

We all need to start somewhere. If you have a newbie question, ask it here
Elegantprince

Completely New to Copywriting.

Post by Elegantprince »

Hi Everyone,

I am completely new to copywriting, I have a question what would you rate as a good app or apps to complete copywrite work on? I'm looking to start with advertising copywriting and Email copywriting.
SARubin
Copywriter
Tagline: Spinning Words Into Gold

Re: Completely New to Copywriting.

Post by SARubin »

Elegantprince wrote: January 18th, 2023, 2:48 am Hi Everyone,

I am completely new to copywriting, I have a question what would you rate as a good app or apps to complete copywrite work on? I'm looking to start with advertising copywriting and Email copywriting.
Hi Elegantprince,
Welcome to the copywriters forum.

I'm not sure what you mean by "app to complete copywrite work on"?

Do you mean an app that will write the copy for you? (like an AI program?)
Or do you mean an app where you can outline your copy, save drafts and easily edit it? (Like Word or Google docs?)

Can you clarify the question?
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
SARubin - Direct Response Copywriter / Conversion Flow Expert
Elegantprince

Post by Elegantprince »

Hi SARubin,

An app where I can outline my copy on and easily edit.
SARubin
Copywriter
Tagline: Spinning Words Into Gold

Post by SARubin »

Elegantprince wrote: January 18th, 2023, 7:08 pm Hi SARubin,

An app where I can outline my copy on and easily edit.
Thanks for clearing that up for me :)

The one's I mentioned above could work for you.

On my desktop computer I use LibreOffice sometimes. I like it better than Microsoft Word because it does everything Word can do and it's open source, which means it's free for everyone to download and use.

Sometimes I just use Wordpad because it's less distracting than a full word processor and it allows me to focus on the copy, while still allowing some basic formatting.

And if you want to go "old school", sometimes I still use the original copywriting app... a pen and a pad of paper. ;)
Oddly enough, when I write copy with a pen and paper it often comes out much better. I think it has something to do with the physical brain to eye to hand coordination? (or maybe it's just because that's how I first learned to write copy, and it triggers a memory muscle or something?)

For cloud platforms, Google docs is still pretty popular. I rarely ever use it but I know some people who swear by it. Plus, I believe it's mobile friendly, so that a thing. The main thing I use it for is sharing documents (I can write the copy and just send the link to the client). And it's also a good option if you work with a team, everyone can log in and work on the same project together from anywhere in the world.

Other than that, you can find dozens of different apps to help you organize your copy, and your thoughts (google "writing apps" and you'll find an overwhelming number of choices). And there's also different apps to help with other parts of writing, like grammar and readability, etc.
We have a section with a few good ones listed, here...

Useful Writing Tools

I recommend trying a couple different apps, and then just sticking with whichever one(s) are most comfortable for you.

Hope that helps

All the best,
Steve
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
SARubin - Direct Response Copywriter / Conversion Flow Expert
Franklin
Copywriter

Post by Franklin »

Elegantprince wrote: Hi Everyone,

I am completely new to copywriting, I have a question what would you rate as a good app or apps to complete copywrite work on?
SARubin wrote: I recommend trying a couple different apps, and then just sticking with whichever one(s) are most comfortable for you.
^^^ This^^^

Any note taking app that lets you edit and save your work is all you need to get started.
“There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who can count, and those who can't”
Share This With Friends