can anyone recommend a good copywriting course

We all need to start somewhere. If you have a newbie question, ask it here
Jasper

can anyone recommend a good copywriting course

Post by Jasper »

I have been learning copywriting and using it with my email and content marketing. I read some good books as suggested here before. I would like to know if anyone can recommend copywriting course. I searched online but there are to many choices to pick. I don’t mind paying but I don’t want to waste money.
I am looking at –
John Carlton Simple Writing System
Kopywriting Kourse
AWAI Accelerated Program for 6 Figure Copywriting

I’m sure there’s more. Are these good or what would more experienced copywriters recommend for a course. Thank you.
SARubin
Copywriter
Tagline: Spinning Words Into Gold

Re: can anyone recommend a good copywriting course

Post by SARubin »

My first question for you , Jasper, is “why” are you learning to write copy?

What’s your end game?

If it’s to help you sell your own products and services, then many courses can help you improve. (possibly even the one’s you’ve listed here) But you can also find most of the info online for free.

I’ve spent many thousands of dollars on books, courses and coaches over the years. And really, the only big value I see in taking one of these courses is that there’s a structured flow coming from one teacher (or group of teachers) guiding you. And it can help minimize some of the confusion from different styles and systems turning into information overload.

Although, as I always say “the best teacher you’ll ever have is when you learn one thing, and then test it out yourself to see how it works.”

Your own real world experience will always be your greatest teacher.

On the other hand, if you’re learning to write copy because you want to sell your copywriting services, then I recommend finding a course from a teacher that offers assistance finding clients, as part of the curriculum for your tuition.

Because unless you have a strong background in sales, and client acquisition, you’ll likely end up competing with THOUSANDS of others who were bitten by the copy bug, or sold the B.S. dream of “Earn 6 figures in 6 months while working only 2 hours a day – from anywhere in the world, ”

(you can do a search for “copywriters” on fiverr, freelancer, upwork, etc. and see the tens of thousands of people who you’d be competing against)

So I guess it comes back around to my first question… “why” do you want to learn copywriting?

Answer this question, and then we might be able to give you some better guidance.

All the best,
SAR
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
SARubin - Direct Response Copywriter / Conversion Flow Expert
Share This With Friends