Can I write copy for English business even if I'm not native English speaker?

We all need to start somewhere. If you have a newbie question, ask it here
Jasper

Can I write copy for English business even if I'm not native English speaker?

Post by Jasper »

Hello,
I have been learning professional writing for about 6 months and I’m not finding many jobs. I am trying to breakout to more English speaking business without much luck, and I’m wondering can I learn to write good copy in English without being native English speaker?
I appreciate any advice.
Rhonda

Re: Can I write copy for English business even if I'm not native English speaker?

Post by Rhonda »

You don’t need to be a native English speaker, but it does require fluency in English if you wish to be taken seriously.

If your writing doesn’t flow naturally in whatever language you write, it won’t be easy to convince others that you can write for them in that language.

You also need to understand the culture you are writing for more than just grammar and punctuation. Different words and phrases can have different connotations among different groups.

-Rhonda
Franklin
Copywriter

Re: Can I write copy for English business even if I'm not native English speaker?

Post by Franklin »

Yeah buddy, you don’t need to be a native but you do need to sound like a native
“There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who can count, and those who can't”
Share This With Friends