How to be a really good DR copywriter?

We all need to start somewhere. If you have a newbie question, ask it here
SARubin
Copywriter
Tagline: Spinning Words Into Gold

Re: How to be a really good DR copywriter?

Post by SARubin »

Muhammad Abdullah wrote: February 4th, 2022, 8:45 pm
I'm definitely keeping them saved. But are they worthy enough to be shown as a portfolio to someone?
By themselves they're not worth too much because they're only headlines with no context. But as part of your portfolio, once you add more to your portfolio, they'll add to the number of things you've written. So for that fact alone they are worth keeping.

The main purpose of these exercises Muhammad is not the expectation of you writing brilliant copy. It's mostly just to have you put down the books and pick up the pen. Because learning is great, but writing is what we do.
Target Market: Cold audience and business owners having a bad website copy--I'm offering them a brand new conversion-focused website sales copy.
OK, this is where market research is going to be extremely valuable to you.
We need to understand your markets level of awareness to the problem you're solving. And we need to think about why they might want to hire you in the first place.

They have bad website copy, but do they even know what good website copy is, or what it can do for them?

So the next paragraph or two in your copy needs to expand on your opening. And then we want to address some of these issues in an effort to get our reader to say "yes, this guy Muhammad knows what he's talking about, and he's talking to me".

Let's take one of your openings here and expand on it...
Muhammad Abdullah wrote: February 4th, 2022, 8:45 pm #1. There's a leak in Your business and Your competitors are taking advantage of it...

Bill Gate says"If your business is not on the internet, then your business will be out of business."
Thank God you don't belong to this category but you're still prone to the consequences of this fact, because...

As the Internet expands and more businesses come online, your competition is only getting more aggressive and more dangerous to your livelihood... Everyday!

Every time a visitor comes to your website looking to buy something there's only one of two things that will happen...

They'll want to do business with you... Or they'll leave your site and spend their money somewhere else.

So what can you do to keep people on your site and keep them away from your competition?

You can make sure the words on your website are keeping your visitors engaged and excited to buy from you, instead of your competitors...

And that's where I come in...

My name is Muhammad Abdullah, and I write high converting content and sales copy for websites.

My sole purpose is to make sure your website copy is making you money, instead of chasing your customers away to your competitors...
And from here you can start to establish credibility for your writing. This is a good place to put a couple testimonials (after you get some).

Of course this is my own conversational style of writing, Muhammad, and you need to develop your own style to separate yourself from the crowd. But there's certain fundamentals that apply to all good copy.

-An ATTENTION grabbing headline
-A first sentence that flows from the headline
-Offering a solution to a problem, or the promise of pleasure
-Establishing credibility (proof that what you say is true)

So the next exercise for you is to take an opening and expand on it by making it bigger and more real for your reader.

Think about the problems that come with not having good website copy.
Let your reader know that if they don't fix the problem soon it's only going to get worse... but there is a solution...
Muhammad Abdullah wrote: February 4th, 2022, 8:45 pmThis practice was a bit easier and I'm amazed when I'm writing one complete to 2 sentences another idea pops out in the flow.
But when I'm very conscious about them, they don't appear or appear with a harder try but with a bad form.
Yeah, that's a problem most writers have at one time or another.

When we talk to people the words just flow naturally. But as soon as we sit down to write, we overthink it and we forget how to talk.

The best advice I can give you is to not censor yourself. Just get your thoughts down on the page. Then you can walk away and take a break. When you come back later it's time to edit what you wrote and clean it up (add transition words for flow, or delete useless words for clarity and brevity)

Please kindly share these books. I'll really appreciate that! :)
I'll try to send them to you through a private message. I'm not sure if I can attach files to a PM on this forum (never tried it before) but I'll try it.

If it doesn't come through on your end just let me know and I'll send them to you a different way.
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
SARubin - Direct Response Copywriter / Conversion Flow Expert
Faith

Post by Faith »

SARubin wrote: February 6th, 2022, 2:02 pm
I'm definitely keeping them saved. But are they worthy enough to be shown as a portfolio to someone?
By themselves they're not worth too much because they're only headlines with no context. But as part of your portfolio, once you add more to your portfolio, they'll add to the number of things you've written. So for that fact alone they are worth keeping.

The main purpose of these exercises Muhammad is not the expectation of you writing brilliant copy. It's mostly just to have you put down the books and pick up the pen. Because learning is great, but writing is what we do.
Target Market: Cold audience and business owners having a bad website copy--I'm offering them a brand new conversion-focused website sales copy.
OK, this is where market research is going to be extremely valuable to you.
We need to understand your markets level of awareness to the problem you're solving. And we need to think about why they might want to hire you in the first place.

They have bad website copy, but do they even know what good website copy is, or what it can do for them?

So the next paragraph or two in your copy needs to expand on your opening. And then we want to address some of these issues in an effort to get our reader to say "yes, this guy Muhammad knows what he's talking about, and he's talking to me".

Let's take one of your openings here and expand on it...
Muhammad Abdullah wrote: February 4th, 2022, 8:45 pm #1. There's a leak in Your business and Your competitors are taking advantage of it...

Bill Gate says"If your business is not on the internet, then your business will be out of business."
Thank God you don't belong to this category but you're still prone to the consequences of this fact, because...

As the Internet expands and more businesses come online, your competition is only getting more aggressive and more dangerous to your livelihood... Everyday!

Every time a visitor comes to your website looking to buy something there's only one of two things that will happen...

They'll want to do business with you... Or they'll leave your site and spend their money somewhere else.

So what can you do to keep people on your site and keep them away from your competition?

You can make sure the words on your website are keeping your visitors engaged and excited to buy from you, instead of your competitors...

And that's where I come in...

My name is Muhammad Abdullah, and I write high converting content and sales copy for websites.

My sole purpose is to make sure your website copy is making you money, instead of chasing your customers away to your competitors...
And from here you can start to establish credibility for your writing. This is a good place to put a couple testimonials (after you get some).

Of course this is my own conversational style of writing, Muhammad, and you need to develop your own style to separate yourself from the crowd. But there's certain fundamentals that apply to all good copy.

So the next exercise for you is to take an opening and expand on it by making it bigger and more real for your reader.

Think about the problems that come with not having good website copy.
Let your reader know that if they don't fix the problem soon it's only going to get worse... but there is a solution...
Muhammad Abdullah wrote: February 4th, 2022, 8:45 pmThis practice was a bit easier and I'm amazed when I'm writing one complete to 2 sentences another idea pops out in the flow.
But when I'm very conscious about them, they don't appear or appear with a harder try but with a bad form.
Yeah, that's a problem most writers have at one time or another.

When we talk to people the words just flow naturally. But as soon as we sit down to write, we overthink it and we forget how to talk.

The best advice I can give you is to not censor yourself. Just get your thoughts down on the page. Then you can walk away and take a break. When you come back later it's time to edit what you wrote and clean it up (add transition words for flow, or delete useless words for clarity and brevity)

Please kindly share these books. I'll really appreciate that! :)
I'll try to send them to you through a private message. I'm not sure if I can attach files to a PM on this forum (never tried it before) but I'll try it.

If it doesn't come through on your end just let me know and I'll send them to you a different way.
Good afternoon Rubin, I have gone through the thread, and I must say you have been doing a great job tutoring Muhammad. I will also love if you can show me the path to follow. Like Muhammad I don't have any fore knowledge about copywriting neither do I have any experience writing online.
I will be glad if you can me out on this path.
Thanks,
Faith
SARubin
Copywriter

Post by SARubin »

Hello Faith,
Welcome to the copywriters forum.
Faith wrote: February 13th, 2022, 1:37 pm Good afternoon Rubin, I have gone through the thread, and I must say you have been doing a great job tutoring Muhammad. I will also love if you can show me the path to follow. Like Muhammad I don't have any fore knowledge about copywriting neither do I have any experience writing online.
Thanks,
Faith
The first question is what type of writing are you most interested in?

Do you want to sell products or services (copywriting)?
Or are you more interested in writing articles and blog posts (content writing)?

They're both good, and you can certainly make a good living at both of them, but it's usually better to start with one thing first so you don't get too overwhelmed.

Which one are you more attracted to right now?
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
Faith

Post by Faith »

SARubin wrote: February 13th, 2022, 10:20 pm Hello Faith,
Welcome to the copywriters forum.
Faith wrote: February 13th, 2022, 1:37 pm Good afternoon Rubin, I have gone through the thread, and I must say you have been doing a great job tutoring Muhammad. I will also love if you can show me the path to follow. Like Muhammad I don't have any fore knowledge about copywriting neither do I have any experience writing online.
Thanks,
Faith
The first question is what type of writing are you most interested in?

Do you want to sell products or services (copywriting)?
Or are you more interested in writing articles and blog posts (content writing)?

They're both good, and you can certainly make a good living at both of them, but it's usually better to start with one thing first so you don't get too overwhelmed.

Which one are you more attracted to right now?
Thank you SARubin, for your response.
I think for now I am attracted to product and service copywriting
SARubin
Copywriter

Post by SARubin »

Hi Faith,
Sorry for the late reply. I've been working overtime the past few days and finally got a few minutes to myself.

The best advice I can give you at the moment is to pick a product, or a niche. Then, as I showed Muhammad, go find a few of the better selling things in that niche and copy the better sales copy by hand.

Because the first thing every new writer needs to work on is getting the feel of writing.

It's like the law of inertia in physics... An object already in motion has a better chance of staying in motion, and picking up speed, than an object at rest.

So the main thing is to just start writing in the direction you wish to go.

Here's a link to the section of the forum with a few posts about starting out. Feel free to browse through them

viewforum.php?f=11

After you've taken the first steps, we can take the next step.

All the best,
Steve
Faith

Post by Faith »

SARubin wrote: February 16th, 2022, 12:03 am Hi Faith,
Sorry for the late reply. I've been working overtime the past few days and finally got a few minutes to myself.

The best advice I can give you at the moment is to pick a product, or a niche. Then, as I showed Muhammad, go find a few of the better selling things in that niche and copy the better sales copy by hand.

Because the first thing every new writer needs to work on is getting the feel of writing.

It's like the law of inertia in physics... An object already in motion has a better chance of staying in motion, and picking up speed, than an object at rest.

So the main thing is to just start writing in the direction you wish to go.

Here's a link to the section of the forum with a few posts about starting out. Feel free to browse through them

viewforum.php?f=11

After you've taken the first steps, we can take the next step.

All the best,
Steve
Thank you so much for your response. Late? Nah

I don't understand or should I say I am afraid of choosing a niche, because in my view it will limit the number of jobs I can do.
That said, I love anything in health and fitness, personal development, and beauty and fashion. So where can I move on to from there?

Further, where can I get this copy sales letter that I will practice with?

I have gone through the threads in the link, and one thing I realise is the emphasis laid on actually writing and not reading too much about writing.

I await your simple and down to earth response again, thanks.
Muhammad Abdullah
Tagline: Jun. Copywriter

Post by Muhammad Abdullah »

There are certain fundamentals that apply to all good copy.

Here's my try,

That's a sales letter written for cold audiences having small and medium-sized businesses. With ages between 25--50. We're offering website development services...
I've researched them and found some of their pain points so tried to put that in the sales letter. That's a very first attempt I've written a complete short copy.
I think it's not a really good copy, I can do better than that for sure, but starting is difficult...
So I did and have written this copy, please have a look and share your kind feedback.

Subject Line: Hats Off to You Steven(First Name of reciever)…

Maintaining Your business with this enormous struggle…
Keeping smooth expenses…
Managing most of the really difficult, time-consuming, and energy-draining little tasks…
It really needs a big heart…
Not to mention the bringing of constant finances and hiring hard-to-find talents…
Hats off to You because you’re one of the few who maintained their business ‘till Now…

You may be thinking who am I praising your work!...
If you’re not, that’s great but other friends do…
Actually, I’ve seen many small business owners just like you. They were facing the same issues…
Yesterday, I was chatting in a business forum and noticed these rising issues…
So, I thought instead of like most of the people coming to me after a huge loss and financial strain…
When they are right at the brink of extinction…
Let me reach out to the few, currently going businesses, and give a helping hand in maintaining their business by bringing in a constant revenue 24/7…

Yeah, that’s true and possible…
You can take that help too...
Constant revenue while you're asleep. Your business is growing and you're getting some great new orders...

After taking this help, you wouldn’t need to worry anymore about hunting for new customers by spending a considerable amount of money every day…
By paying your salesman to sell your products daily while having a ZERO internet presence…
Internet presence can bring you 24/7 business and clients…
That’s where you need just a small help of an expert…
Luckily, we’re the experts and luck has brought us here…
You’ll get value, and we fulfill our passion for helping others and building new sites.

We’re ______Marketing Agency and helps businesses like yourself gain More revenue with literally no extra investment….
We do complete revamping of your site if you already have one or we’ll create a brand-new website for your business.
The website will be
· Conversion Focused-to give you extra sales
· Modern and Sleek Design-To keep Your visitors engaged
· Optimized for Mobile-To give them a personalized look
· Offer monthly site updates-To bring more and more clients and keep everything up to date.

We’ll be honored to help your business with a website…
But as you know we’re humans just like you and have a capacity of serving just a small number of clients only…
This month we can handle 5 more clients only and this same message is already sent to 20 more people like yourself…
To take our help “Reply to this email by copying the quoted contents” and we’ll help you out as soon as we can.
“Yes, I need help with my website. Help strengthen my internet presence and bring me more sales”

To your business
See Yaa!

M Abdullah- Email marketer & DRS Copywriter.
rileybrown

Post by rileybrown »

Great to see your interest in copywriting, I had been into this also had the pleasure to take the writing services from the wikicyclopedia recommend it !
wikicyclopedia.com :-p
Share This With Friends