New to Copywriting, need guidance.

We all need to start somewhere. If you have a newbie question, ask it here
Martyn101

New to Copywriting, need guidance.

Post by Martyn101 »

Hi ALL.

Absolutely new to copywriting and looking for a mentor to guide me. Not finished my online Copywriting course yet but am looking to set my stall out already.

Anyone got any first pieces of advice.

Thanks in advance

Martyn...
SARubin
Copywriter
Tagline: Spinning Words Into Gold

Re: New to Copywriting, need guidance.

Post by SARubin »

Hi Martyn,

My first piece of advice for anyone starting out is to pick a market (or niche) to write for.

Then spend some time studying and engaging with that group of people in their world.

Become intimate with their world so you can feel what it's like to be one of them, because these are the people your writing needs to resonate with if you want them to respond to your writing.

What we're looking for is the desires or problems these people have, and the language they use when they talk about it.

Then you can think about a product or service that can give them what they want or need.
And if you're into content writing, as opposed to sales copy, it's the same idea.
Either way you'll be able to write about the things they care about, with the kind of language they naturally relate to.

So that's my first piece of advice for you. People come first, the product comes second.

All the best,
Steve
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
SARubin - Direct Response Copywriter / Conversion Flow Expert
Franklin
Copywriter

Re: New to Copywriting, need guidance.

Post by Franklin »

My first piece of advice is to finish the copywriting course you started :D
Martyn101 wrote: September 29th, 2021, 8:52 am Hi ALL.

Absolutely new to copywriting and looking for a mentor to guide me. Not finished my online Copywriting course yet but am looking to set my stall out already.

Anyone got any first pieces of advice.

Thanks in advance

Martyn...
“There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who can count, and those who can't”
Share This With Friends