Critique my writing please

We all need to start somewhere. If you have a newbie question, ask it here
Lab9
Tagline: Don't think.... FEEL!

Critique my writing please

Post by Lab9 »

Hi everyone, I've already introduced myself over in the introduction area but I'm a middle aged man (wow, that feels weird knowing I'm middle aged) I started a Mentalism blog exactly one year ago, I discovered I really enjoy writing and have always had an interest in marketing/copywriting.
I do feel I'm a creative person and this could be my perfect outlet. Anyhow I'd like some critique on my blog if any of you would be so kind?

Here's one of the book reviews I wrote: mentalistblogger.com/certified-mentalism/

I know the website design thingymabobs a bit strange but I've never built one before and this is all a massive learning curve for me.

Critique/pointers/cash & life advice all accepted with gratitude!

Thank you

Ryan
SARubin
Copywriter
Tagline: Spinning Words Into Gold

Re: Critique my writing please

Post by SARubin »

Hi Ryan,

I just visited your blog and I like it. Your writing has personality, which is a refreshing welcome from all the AI (artificial intelligence) spun content spreading across the blogosphere these days.

Ya know, I've always said there's a huge difference between a blog that makes us feel connected to the person behind the words, and a blog post that reads more like some robot ate a bowl of alphabet soup and puked all over the page.

And your writing almost makes me feel like I know you. So for whatever it's worth to you... I think your writing is fun to read.

Just out of curiosity, how are you driving traffic to your blog?
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
SARubin - Direct Response Copywriter / Conversion Flow Expert
Lab9

Post by Lab9 »

Thank you SARubin I truly appreciate your comments.

I only post on instagram and facebook, so probably not doing the right stuff to drive traffic, but Mentalist Blogger was never intended to be anything other than a way for me to stay motivated in my hobby.

Now I just need to try and set myself up as a copywriter ;)

Regards

Ryan
Franklin
Copywriter

Post by Franklin »

I agree with Steve, your writing shows a lot of personality :D

You said in your introduction post that people enjoy your writing, and some people want to send you products to review. That means people like what you're doing, and my best advice for you is to keep doing what you're doing.
Lab9 wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 3:57 pm Now I just need to try and set myself up as a copywriter ;)
Is there a reason why you want to be a copywriter instead of a blogger?
“There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who can count, and those who can't”
Lab9

Post by Lab9 »

Hi Franklin, I have an interest in Marketing/Copywriting and would like to learn more and see how far I can go with it.
I was hoping I could still run my blog as well as copywriting, at least for the time being anyway.
Share This With Friends