Should I try copywriting as career choice?

We all need to start somewhere. If you have a newbie question, ask it here
ArticleWriter

Should I try copywriting as career choice?

Post by ArticleWriter »

Hello Friends,

I'm thinking about selling my copywriting services on freelance sites like Fiverr (or other places but I'll hear your suggestions).

I write my own copies and landing pages for reviews and affiliate copies, and I thought I could sell copywriting services to other business as well. But I think I might need to learn more about copywriting before I do.

Do I need to have credentials like a college degree or writing diploma? Is it required to sell copywriting services?
Which courses would you recommend me to earn credentials?

I need your opinion please.
SARubin
Copywriter
Tagline: Spinning Words Into Gold

Re: Should I try copywriting as career choice?

Post by SARubin »

ArticleWriter wrote: October 9th, 2022, 11:59 am Hello Friends,

I'm thinking about selling my copywriting services on freelance sites like Fiverr (or other places but I'll hear your suggestions).

I write my own copies and landing pages for reviews and affiliate copies, and I thought I could sell copywriting services to other business as well. But I think I might need to learn more about copywriting before I do.
You say you've written your own copy, for your own offers... ?

How did your copy do with conversions?

I ask because if your copy worked, then what more do you think you need to learn before trying your copy on another offer?

And right now your next offer is selling your copywriting services, to another person!

(Of course if your copy didn't work for you, then yes, you probably need to learn more)
ArticleWriter wrote: October 9th, 2022, 11:59 am Do I need to have credentials like a college degree or writing diploma? Is it required to sell copywriting services?

No, the only credentials you need are the ability to sell your ideas, and the ability to write, in a way that works for it's intended purpose.

Because the truth is...

Copywriting has nothing to do with what kind of formal education or degree you have.

Sure, they can help. But that's less than half the answer, because when push comes to shove what we do isn't about knowing how to write... It's about knowing what to write.

I've met quite a few great copywriters over the years - and none of them have any major similarities, in looks or education.

But they all have a few traits in common...

They have intense curiosity - Because if you can't stay curious about products, people, and markets - then you're going to get bored writing about products to people in the market.

They have a strong work ethic
- Especially as a freelancer, there are times when we'd all rather do something (anything) besides work. And taking a break is a good way to rejuvenate.
But when a job needs to be done we need to get it done. Otherwise whoever is paying you will find someone else to do the job.

They have resilience - sometimes shit happens. Sometimes it's not your fault. Sometimes it is.

No matter how long you've been doing this job you can, and will, make the wrong choice. It could be working with the wrong client, picking the wrong project, or screwing up the right project.
But either way, you can't allow failure to define you. You must learn from it, brush it off, and get back in the game until your next success. Then you can allow the success to define you.

Finally...

They know how to sell, in print - You can start with formulas and templates until you develop your own style. But anyway you look at it, selling is the end game.

If you're truly serious about it, Articlewriter, and if you have a strong enough reason why you want it, then there's no reason not to just get started.
Reach out to a few potential clients and see what happens. Measure the results and make adjustments towards the goal.

What's the worst thing that could happen? You don't get hired and you're no worse off than you are right now. Then you try again.

Now, what's the best thing that might happen? Someone says "yes" and you have your first client.
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
SARubin - Direct Response Copywriter / Conversion Flow Expert
Franklin
Copywriter

Post by Franklin »

ArticleWriter wrote: October 9th, 2022, 11:59 am Hello Friends,

Do I need to have credentials like a college degree or writing diploma? Is it required to sell copywriting services?

I think Fiverr is better for selling content writing than copywriting. But even then, the competition can be brutal with 1000s of writers competing on low price.
LinkedIn might be a better option to connect with better paying clients.
“There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who can count, and those who can't”
Copywritingexpert

Post by Copywritingexpert »

If you want to earn 1500$/Month Just by copywriting? So you're on the right place. I've created an Ebook about Step By Step Guide for beginners to make atleast 1500$/month just by copywriting. A Complete Guide about Learning copywriting fundamentals and much more! #Copywriting #business #passiveincome

[self promotional link removed by moderator] - Please read the forum rules (specifically rule #2) about adding links in posts Forum Rules
Share This With Friends