New Don't have a portfolio plus testimonials yet.

We all need to start somewhere. If you have a newbie question, ask it here
Elegantprince

New Don't have a portfolio plus testimonials yet.

Post by Elegantprince »

Hi Everyone,

I'm completely new to copywriting and don't have portfolio and customer testimonials of my work yet what would be the best way to showcase my work at this point in time?
SARubin
Copywriter
Tagline: Spinning Words Into Gold

Re: New Don't have a portfolio plus testimonials yet.

Post by SARubin »

Elegantprince wrote: January 18th, 2023, 3:05 am Hi Everyone,

I'm completely new to copywriting and don't have portfolio and customer testimonials of my work yet what would be the best way to showcase my work at this point in time?
For starters...

1 - You can showcase some of your work on social sites (like LinkedIn for example) and start making connections at the same time.

2 - Having your own website (blog or portfolio site) is usually a good idea. Then you can direct potential clients to it and they can see some of your writing, And they can also see that you're for real because you took the time to create a business website.
Also, owning your own website means other platforms can't shut you down (like if they go out of business or inadvertently suspend your account for whatever reason).

Here's a couple other threads on this forum that might be useful to you. They talk about other ways to get started...

Selling yourself as a beginner and building a portfolio

Newbie and Novice here!

And here's a short post I wrote just for fun about having the right state of mind to be a freelance copywriter...

3 things you need to succeed as a freelance copywriter

Take a look at the links above, they may help you get started on your copywriting journey. :D

All the best,
Steve
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
SARubin - Direct Response Copywriter / Conversion Flow Expert
Franklin
Copywriter

Re: New Don't have a portfolio plus testimonials yet.

Post by Franklin »

Elegantprince wrote: January 18th, 2023, 3:05 am I'm completely new to copywriting and don't have portfolio and customer testimonials of my work yet what would be the best way to showcase my work at this point in time?
1st) Welcome to the copywriters forum :)/

2nd) I don't understand the question. If you're completely new to copywriting, and don't have a portfolio of anything you've written, what work are you going to showcase?
“There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who can count, and those who can't”
Share This With Friends