Is a really high paid job?

We all need to start somewhere. If you have a newbie question, ask it here
Bore

Is a really high paid job?

Post by Bore »

Hello there,
Thanks in advance to all of you for reading.
I am new to copywriting, i made a course of 50 hours( in the italian market) last year and after one free job provided by a client of the company who sold me the course i never studied or did anything again for many reasons.
First is a need to study and improving more, i am aware of it,second i had a doubt about this career.
Is a really high paid skill? Copywriters are really requested these days ? I am planning to came back to study and maybe take a degree in marketing as well but i am scared that after all of that it doesn't pay good.
I struggled to find clients, at least in the italian language.
Nobody answered me.
All the gurus online talk about big money but i don't really know if is like that on the reality.
Can someone tell me more about? I like to write to persuade, i am not really good at using computers but copy is something i would love to do, but like everybody i got bills to pay. Thanks you all
Franklin
Copywriter

Re: Is a really high paid job?

Post by Franklin »

Hello @Bore, welcome to the copywriter forums. :)/
Bore wrote: Is a really high paid skill? Copywriters are really requested these days ? I am planning to came back to study and maybe take a degree in marketing as well but i am scared that after all of that it doesn't pay good.
Copywriting can pay very good money, but like everything else it takes time and dedication to get to the place where you can start making good money.

Even most doctors and lawyers don't make much money in their first few years.
“There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who can count, and those who can't”
Bore

Post by Bore »

Thanks a lot, yes it makes sense after all
SARubin
Copywriter
Tagline: Spinning Words Into Gold

Post by SARubin »

Bore wrote: Hello there,
Thanks in advance to all of you for reading.
I am new to copywriting, i made a course of 50 hours( in the italian market) last year and after one free job provided by a client of the company who sold me the course i never studied or did anything again for many reasons.
First is a need to study and improving more, i am aware of it,second i had a doubt about this career.
Is a really high paid skill? Copywriters are really requested these days ? I am planning to came back to study and maybe take a degree in marketing as well but i am scared that after all of that it doesn't pay good.
I struggled to find clients, at least in the italian language.
Nobody answered me.
All the gurus online talk about big money but i don't really know if is like that on the reality.
Can someone tell me more about? I like to write to persuade, i am not really good at using computers but copy is something i would love to do, but like everybody i got bills to pay. Thanks you all

Hello Bore,

Welcome to the forum.

I'm going to be honest with you, I love copywriting. I love the power that words have to move peoples emotions and motivate them to take action. And I love the fact that you want to learn copywriting.

But honestly, right now is not a great time to be a beginner copywriter looking for clients.
The reason is because right now there's a ton of low priced competition out there on the internet, and to make it even harder, with ChatGPT a lot of business owners think they can write their own copy for dirt cheap.

That said... Copywriting is still one of the best skills you can learn, and take with you to any profession. (Any profession where you might need to write a letter, or memo, or email, to persuade others to support your ideas)

And yes, you can also make a lot of money with copywriting once you get good at it. And if you still want to write for clients, once you get good at copywriting it's also easier to find clients.

Hope I helped answer at least part of your question.

All the best,
Steve
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
SARubin - Direct Response Copywriter / Conversion Flow Expert
Bore

Post by Bore »

Thanks steve,
Your answer confirmed what i tought.
Yes is a skill i will like to have to be honest.
Maybe i will not make money specifically with it,
But i can help myself if i start a business or if i will work for a team.
It's really hard to choose if keep going or not but i guess i should have a try
Share This With Friends