Copy for SaaS platform

Landing pages, Opt-in pages, Sales pages, etc. If it's written to get visitors to take action, and it's on a website, then this is the place to talk about it
Sofina

Copy for SaaS platform

Post by Sofina »

Hello everyone! I’m currently working on the new copy of a SaaS platform. I’ve been trying to find a guide or something but there’s nothing online at least. So maybe you could help me with your opinion or experience.

Is there a “rule” for buttons inside a platform? Is it better if all letters are small or capital? Also, what about the words we use for different sections? Is it best if the first letter of every word is capitalized or just the first word starting with capital is enough?

Any opinion or resources you think might be of help will be much appreciated, thank you!
Franklin
Copywriter

Re: Copy for SaaS platform

Post by Franklin »

When in doubt, it’s better to write with proper sentence structure.

The first letter of a sentence should be capital and the first letter of proper names should be capital. If you make every letter in every word capital then it looks like you’re yelling at people and it becomes annoying to read.
“There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who can count, and those who can't”
SARubin
Copywriter
Tagline: Spinning Words Into Gold

Post by SARubin »

Hi Sofina, welcome to the forum.

Your question is a bit vague but I think I understand what you mean, so I’ll try to offer some advice…
Sofina wrote: November 23rd, 2020, 8:59 am Is there a “rule” for buttons inside a platform?
First, the best rule (if we can call it a “rule”) for buttons is we want them to be prominent and easily seen (assuming you want people to actually click on the buttons?) Also, we want to make the “call to action” on any buttons clearly understandable.

Take a look at Amazon .com for example – The “ADD TO CART” button is big and bold, and always in the same place. So it’s easy for people to see, easy to use, and people know exactly what it’s for.

And that’s about the only rule for buttons. Everything else, like placement of buttons, colors, etc. is where split testing and tracking comes into play.

Sofina wrote: November 23rd, 2020, 8:59 amIs it better if all letters are small or capital?
As far as capitalizing letters I’ll just expand on what Franklin said…

Some words can be all capital if we want them to stand out, or emphasize a point of interest. Like when we say your SaaS platform is AMAZING, EASY, AND AFFORDABLE!

The capital words now have a bit more prominence. Also they can catch the attention of people who skim the page before deciding to read it all.

But like Franklin said, if you capitalize every word in your copy then it reads like you’re yelling at me. Also, if you cap every word then none of them stand out, so the impact of any important words is destroyed.
Sofina wrote: November 23rd, 2020, 8:59 amAlso, what about the words we use for different sections? Is it best if the first letter of every word is capitalized or just the first word starting with capital is enough?
In headlines and sub-headlines capitalizing the first letter of every word is OK.

For the rest of the copy, go back and read what Franklin said…

Anyway, hope this short answer helps you with your copywriting.

All the best,
Steve
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
SARubin - Direct Response Copywriter / Conversion Flow Expert
Rhonda

Post by Rhonda »

SARubin wrote: November 23rd, 2020, 1:45 pm
Some words can be all capital if we want them to stand out, or emphasize a point of interest. Like when we say your SaaS platform is AMAZING, EASY, AND AFFORDABLE!

The capital words now have a bit more prominence. Also they can catch the attention of people who skim the page before deciding to read it all.
Hello @Sofina, and welcome.

Adding to what Steven said, you can also italicize, underline, highlight, and bold some words to make them stand out. Making words a different color can also attract attention to them.

Happy Writing 🙂
Share This With Friends