What tactic would you use to fill a doctor's appointment book?

Landing pages, Opt-in pages, Sales pages, etc. If it's written to get visitors to take action, and it's on a website, then this is the place to talk about it
luuuuisc10

What tactic would you use to fill a doctor's appointment book?

Post by luuuuisc10 »

I found your trail on Google and started following it to see where it would lead me. And I confess, I noticed that the path is arduous, distant, but pleasant.

Every day I look forward to continuing the walk...

Thank you for making such a safe path!

I'm here today to find an answer... I started my journey and wanted to work to fill a medical schedule.

I believe that perhaps the first question you will ask me is if I have already defined my target market, so here it is:

The doctors I have analyzed are very demanding (in terms of having results, being appreciated) and are afraid of their message being ignored and even judged by colleagues and family members. They claim that there are co-workers who have a shorter workload, less experience and manage to earn more, even work less (these co-workers are sharing their knowledge on social networks like Instagram).

They feel that they are selling the hour at a "bargain price" (a jargon among them to mention the word cheap) and are fighting for price to be recognized and even then they do not close online consultations. I believe this causes a feeling of acceptance (after all, they study a lot, want to be good, they know that the problem may be not being online, but they don't know how to improve it. Or maybe they don't have time).

They look for quality of life (getting more time for the family).

What they want:

Someone to show them where their message should be (Google, YouTube or Instagram).
Someone to show them step by step, or even do it for them, what needs to be done.
Know the "secret" of doctors who are successful on the internet.
More time with the family.
Be more valued financially in each service.
Not having the message ignored (I feel that followers, comments are status for them).
I made it this far. Can you, once again, light my way?"

PS: Please excuse any errors in my writing. I don't write English, I'm using google translator
Franklin
Copywriter

Re: What tactic would you use to fill a doctor's appointment book?

Post by Franklin »

Hello @luuuuisc10 - Welcome to the forums :)/

You seem to know about your market. For the next step have you thought about how you are going to contact these doctors to introduce yourself?
  • Social media?
  • Email?
  • Paid ads?
Another question is have you clearly defined what you are offering them? Are you offering to be a social media manager, or email marketing services, or some other way to fill their appointment book?

The doctors will probably want to know what you are offering them.
“There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who can count, and those who can't”
luuuuisc10

Post by luuuuisc10 »

Franklin wrote: April 6th, 2023, 10:33 am Hello @luuuuisc10 - Welcome to the forums :)/

You seem to know about your market. For the next step have you thought about how you are going to contact these doctors to introduce yourself?
  • Social media?
  • Email?
  • Paid ads?
Another question is have you clearly defined what you are offering them? Are you offering to be a social media manager, or email marketing services, or some other way to fill their appointment book?

The doctors will probably want to know what you are offering them.
Hi @Franklin, thanks for reaching out, nice to hear from you.
And I'm very happy to be here with you.

To your first question... I thought of reaching out to doctors using paid ads within Instagram and Facebook, directing those doctors to a blog where I could provide articles showing how they can fill their appointment book.

To your second question... I would be offering email marketing and social media management services. That's because most of them don't find time to do these activities and many are communicating only through Instagram.

But, Franklin, I'm confused if this is the right way to go. So, I wanted to hear from you, based on your market experience, what do you think of my idea? Am I traveling too much?

I look forward to seeing your response.
Franklin
Copywriter

Post by Franklin »

luuuuisc10 wrote: April 6th, 2023, 12:17 pm Hi @Franklin, thanks for reaching out, nice to hear from you.

To your first question... I thought of reaching out to doctors using paid ads within Instagram and Facebook, directing those doctors to a blog where I could provide articles showing how they can fill their appointment book.

To your second question... I would be offering email marketing and social media management services. That's because most of them don't find time to do these activities and many are communicating only through Instagram.

But, Franklin, I'm confused if this is the right way to go. So, I wanted to hear from you, based on your market experience, what do you think of my idea? Am I traveling too much?

Hi luuuuisc10,

I think your idea is a good one. It can take time before any doctors contact you for your services, but if you stick with it the strategy is a good one.

- F
“There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who can count, and those who can't”
luuuuisc10

Post by luuuuisc10 »

Franklin wrote: April 6th, 2023, 11:00 pm
luuuuisc10 wrote: April 6th, 2023, 12:17 pm Hi @Franklin, thanks for reaching out, nice to hear from you.

Hi luuuuisc10,

I think your idea is a good one. It can take time before any doctors contact you for your services, but if you stick with it the strategy is a good one.

- F
thanks for the reply @Franklin, I really appreciate it.

I had thought about creating something for the long term, getting value to be nominated in the future.

But I wanted to hear from you, if you were to work in this niche, what would you do to be able to fill a schedule of these doctors?
SARubin
Copywriter
Tagline: Spinning Words Into Gold

Post by SARubin »

Hi Luiz,

It looks like you're off to a good start with your plan.

Starting with lead generation ads, and then impressing the doctors with your knowledge of their business (on your blog), and your ability to get them more clients, is a solid start to a good strategy.

As Franklin mentioned, it will probably take a while before you get any great results because these doctors do not know you yet, so they do not know if they can trust you yet.

So keep building your credibility, especially if you are going to use paid ads I would get your website / blog started first. Otherwise you will spend money on ads with no real way to follow up with your leads.

Many people do not buy on the first contact, and those who are interested will usually want to know more about you before they trust you with their money and their business.

You already have some good ideas about your markets pain points, and motivations, so make sure you tease those things into your ad copy (and blog articles) .

And if you want to take it to a deeper level, you can research the pain points and motivations of the doctor's customers, so you can understand their reasons for consulting with a doctor.

Then you will be able to show the doctors that you understand the people they are trying to attract to their business. And this will give the doctors more confidence that you are the expert.

One last thing...

I would include an email sign-up form on your blog to capture the doctors emails. This way you can easily follow up with them and allow them to become more familiar with you as an expert.

Even if they are not ready for your service today, when they are ready you will be the first one they think of because you will have stayed in contact with them, and you will already the expert they know, like, and trust.

All of this can be overwhelming at the beginning of your journey because there are so many things to think about. But the important thing is that you are getting started and taking action which already puts you ahead of many people.
As long as you take it one step at a time you will make progress, and in a few months you will look back and see how far you have come.

And when you are ready to start writing your copy we are here to help you if you need us.

All the best,
Steve
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
SARubin - Direct Response Copywriter / Conversion Flow Expert
Franklin
Copywriter

Post by Franklin »

luuuuisc10 wrote: April 7th, 2023, 12:25 am But I wanted to hear from you, if you were to work in this niche, what would you do to be able to fill a schedule of these doctors?
I've never worked in this niche but what I've seen other doctors do come down to branding and positioning.
The more recognizable the doctor, the more people search for them, and the fuller their schedule is.

Like Dr. Phil or Dr. Oz on TV, neither are very good doctors but they are famous and in high demand.

The doctors you are working with might not be famous but if you can brand and position them properly their schedules could fill up.
luuuuisc10

Post by luuuuisc10 »

Hello SARubin and Franklin, thank you very much for sharing your wisdom.

The truth is, honestly...

I don't even know how to thank you for all the value generated here.

Feel my sincere gratitude.

At this moment, I just wrote down the last words of your entire explanation...

And by writing them down by hand, I was able to extract many nuggets of gold, such as:

First, create a website/blog.

Generate a lot of value by answering their main questions: how, what, and why.

Show a customer journey to the doctor.

Work on branding and positioning.

And put an email capture in the footer of the blog.

Regarding the copy, Sarubin...

I am following the steps you left in the Beginner Area: How to be a good DR writer?

I think that from writing the Mel Martin copies by hand that were left by you in the Downloads section so much, I ended up memorizing some sequences.

And between us, I am passionate about: "For golfers who are almost (but not quite) satisfied with their game - and can't figure out what they're doing wrong"

The way this letter created a desire in me to play golf was inexplicable. I'm not even a golfer.

Fantastic the power of words, how each word placed in the right order generates a thought, which generates a feeling...

Fantastic.

Thank you very much for opening paths that have helped me. Here in the Forum is a school, and I will certainly take it with me for years on my learning journey.

PS: Please excuse my English. I only speak Portuguese, and I am using Google Translate.
SARubin
Copywriter

Post by SARubin »

luuuuisc10 wrote:April 8th, 2023, 10:16 pm The truth is, honestly...

I don't even know how to thank you for all the value generated here.

Feel my sincere gratitude.
You are very welcome my friend. I'm happy to be even a small part of your future success.

luuuuisc10 wrote: April 8th, 2023, 10:16 pm I think that from writing the Mel Martin copies by hand that were left by you in the Downloads section so much, I ended up memorizing some sequences.

And between us, I am passionate about: "For golfers who are almost (but not quite) satisfied with their game - and can't figure out what they're doing wrong"

The way this letter created a desire in me to play golf was inexplicable. I'm not even a golfer.

Fantastic the power of words, how each word placed in the right order generates a thought, which generates a feeling...

Fantastic.
I know what you mean. Mel Martin was a brilliant copywriter.

Fun fact: When he worked at boardroom magazine he was most famous for writing powerful bullet points, except he called them "fascinations". But few people ever talk about his headlines.

The first time I read a Mel Martin headline it changed the way I thought about headlines, forever.

Before Mel I mostly wrote hyped up headlines like "The Amazing Secret To 'Whatever'". But seeing how he masterfully called out the ideal customer for the product...

At that moment, like many things the first time I learn them, it changed my life for the better.

It looks like you have the start of a good plan here, Luiz. My best advice right now is to picture yourself (where you would like to be) one year from now, then take one step toward your vision, every day.

In a few months you will be kilometers ahead of everyone else who does not take action.

And if I can help let me know. I do not know everything, but I do know some stuff.

All the best,
Steve

P.S I did not forget about finding my old sales copy for you to look at, but I have not found it yet. I honestly don't remember where I put the flash drive, but I will keep looking.

luuuuisc10 wrote:April 8th, 2023, 10:16 pmPS: Please excuse my English. I only speak Portuguese, and I am using Google Translate.
We live in an amazing time. Your English is probably better than my Portuguese, but with Google Translate we can communicate across the world. The translation is not perfect but is close enough for us to understand each other. Truly amazing when you think about it.
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
luuuuisc10

Re: Qual tática você usaria para preencher a agenda de consultas médicas?

Post by luuuuisc10 »

Thank you, my friend, for your kind words.

SARubin, was researching more copies of Mel Martin.

However, many of them are sold on eBay... Why wasn't there much talk about him?

I have a feeling that the Boardroom wanted to hide him.

There aren't many copies of Mel Martin available on the internet. Or maybe my English research isn't that good.

Do you have more information about him?
SARubin
Copywriter

Re: Qual tática você usaria para preencher a agenda de consultas médicas?

Post by SARubin »

luuuuisc10 wrote: April 9th, 2023, 8:24 pm
I have a feeling that the Boardroom wanted to hide him.
The story I heard was that the owner of Boardroom (Marty Edelston) wanted to keep Mel Martin as his personal secret weapon. He paid Mel a lot of money, and gave him part ownership in the company, so he would never want to leave. And he kept Mel a secret so no other company would try to steal him away.

That is probably why he was known as the best copywriter that most people never heard of.
Share This With Friends