How often to email list?

All things related to email marketing (mostly copywriting, but other stuff too)
Copyking

How often to email list?

Post by Copyking »

Hi,
I'm building an email marketing list by sending traffic to a landing page and collecting email addresses.

I'm wondering how often I should email my list?

I'm currently emailing everyday and not seeing many conversions or engagements for people clicking the link in emails.

Any advice is appreciated
SARubin
Copywriter
Tagline: Spinning Words Into Gold

Re: How often to email list?

Post by SARubin »

Copyking wrote: January 19th, 2021, 1:50 pm Hi,
I'm building an email marketing list by sending traffic to a landing page and collecting email addresses.

Hard to answer without more details.

What did people sign up for?

If they signed up for a tip of the day or an offer of the day, then every day is good. (just don't send irrelevant crap or you'll likely get a large "unsubscribe" rate)

If it's a newsletter type email then maybe once a week? Maybe every other week?
Depends on what you told them, as far as frequency of emails, on your sign up form. (Any less than once a month and you run into the probability that people will forget about you).
Copyking wrote: January 19th, 2021, 1:50 pmI'm currently emailing everyday and not seeing many conversions or engagements for people clicking the link in emails.

Hard to offer advice without more details. Let's take it one step at a time (after answering my question above)...

The first question would be - Are you sure your emails are making it to everyone's inbox? (and not ending up in a spam folder)?

If you're getting to the inbox then the next question would be - What's your open rate look like? (how many people, average percentage, are opening your emails)?

If you reply back with the answers to my above questions I can offer a bit more help...
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
SARubin - Direct Response Copywriter / Conversion Flow Expert
Franklin
Copywriter

Post by Franklin »

Here's an article I read last week with some case studies for email sending rates. (not an affiliate link)

https://jilt.com/blog/email-marketing-frequency/

One study looked at subscriber complaints and open rates based on different weekly email frequencies.

Findings: Return Path concluded the number of complaints is pretty low until you’ve sent five messages in a week, but after that point complaints skyrocket. Read rates also drop noticeably after five messages per week.

returnpath-emai-frequencyl.png
“There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who can count, and those who can't”
WordyWordpecker
Writer

Post by WordyWordpecker »

No more than one a day. I was on an email list that sent me 3 or 4 emails everyday and after a few days I unsubscribed. It got annoying getting that many emails everyday
Rhonda

Post by Rhonda »

Copyking wrote: January 19th, 2021, 1:50 pm Hi,

I'm currently emailing everyday and not seeing many conversions or engagements for people clicking the link in emails.

If not many people are engaging with your emails are you sure that frequency is the problem? Have you tried changing the tone of your email message?

You could also test different subject lines to increase opening rates.

- Rhonda
Share This With Friends