Copywriting is open source

Rants, raves, fun and games. And anything not directly related to copywriting
SARubin
Copywriter
Tagline: Spinning Words Into Gold

Copywriting is open source

Post by SARubin »

Copywriting is an open source project.

You can collaborate with others to improve its performance. And you may use, redistribute, or modify it to fit your own needs.
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
SARubin - Direct Response Copywriter / Conversion Flow Expert
TheWauchulin

Re: Copywriting is open source

Post by TheWauchulin »

So technically you're saying PLR is acceptable. Hmmm.....????
SARubin wrote: January 20th, 2021, 9:42 pm Copywriting is an open source project.

You can collaborate with others to improve its performance. And you may use, redistribute, or modify it to fit your own needs.
Franklin
Copywriter

Post by Franklin »

TheWauchulin wrote: March 18th, 2021, 5:56 pm So technically you're saying PLR is acceptable. Hmmm.....????
Is PLR still around? I thought that fad died 10 years ago :)
“There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who can count, and those who can't”
SARubin
Copywriter

Post by SARubin »

TheWauchulin wrote: March 18th, 2021, 5:56 pm So technically you're saying PLR is acceptable. Hmmm.....????
Acceptable for what?
  • For sales copy? - No.
  • For article writing? - Probably not.
  • For research and inspiration? - Sure, why not.
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
TheWauchulin

Post by TheWauchulin »

Hi Franklin,

Not even close to a burial yet. There's been recent momentum with content mills and pandemic marketers using it.
Franklin wrote: March 18th, 2021, 7:01 pm Is PLR still around? I thought that fad died 10 years ago :)
SARubin
Copywriter

Post by SARubin »

I think I still have a couple hundred gigs of PLR material from years ago (back in my info-junkie days)
I wonder how much of it would still be useful or relevant today?

I'll have to I'll go dog through the archives and maybe post anything that's useful (copywriting useful) on this site...
TheWauchulin

Post by TheWauchulin »

It's my understanding, correct me if I'm wrong, that the Evergreen type of PLR content never fades like for service businesses, i.e., landscaping, mechanics, HVAC, roofing, etc.

But niches like automobiles, healthcare, technology, industries that constantly keep changing that type of content would be extremely useless.
SARubin wrote: March 18th, 2021, 8:02 pm I think I still have a couple of hundred gigs of PLR material from years ago (back in my info-junkie days)
I wonder how much of it would still be useful or relevant today?

I'll have to I'll go dog through the archives and maybe post anything that's useful (copywriting useful) on this site...
SARubin
Copywriter

Post by SARubin »

TheWauchulin wrote: March 18th, 2021, 11:01 pm It's my understanding, correct me if I'm wrong, that the Evergreen type of PLR content never fades
That makes sense. Fundamental stuff is pretty timeless - and timeless can usually be recycled for the next generation (what's old is new again ;) )

I'll have to go through my archives and see what's in there. But if memory serves me correctly, a lot of the PLR I found back in the day was garbage even when it was new. I don't imagine it got better with time... but we'll see what's there.
Share This With Friends