Which headline was the winner?

Rants, raves, fun and games. And anything not directly related to copywriting
SARubin
Copywriter
Tagline: Spinning Words Into Gold

Which headline was the winner?

Post by SARubin »

I asked this same question at one of the other copywriting forums I used to hang out at (I still stop by there from time to time).

Anyway, I got some interesting responses over at the WF, so I thought I’d share it here…

It’s a little guessing game for y’all (I say for y’all, because I already know the answer)

This comes from my personal swipe file, and it’s from a weight loss supplement I helped write an advertorial style web page for, a few years ago.

After coming up with about 4 dozen headlines, we finally narrowed it down and decided to split test the following three.

Each headline got 1000 page views. And with no other changes to the page, but the headline, one of them out-performed the other two by a wide margin (nearly 200% bump in response over the second place contestant)

Can you guess which headline was the winner?

#1 ) Weight Loss Breakthrough! – Scientific Research Uncovers A Plant Based Molecule That Activates Your Body’s Own Natural Fat Burning Metabolism – With No Dieting, And No Strenuous Exercise

#2 ) Laboratory Tests Confirm How This All Natural Supplement Safely And Effectively Melts Fat From The Body

#3 ) Could This All Natural Herbal Supplement Be The Cure For Obesity?

So, what’s your best guess?

And for a bonus question… “Why” do you think the winner did better than the other two?
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
SARubin - Direct Response Copywriter / Conversion Flow Expert
WordyWordpecker
Writer

Re: Which headline was the winner?

Post by WordyWordpecker »

I like #1 best. It’s a long headline but it makes me curious to know what the scientists uncovered.
SARubin
Copywriter
Tagline: Spinning Words Into Gold

Re: Which headline was the winner?

Post by SARubin »

Good guess Wordy,

Let's wait to see if anyone else has a guess. If no one else responds, then I'll PM you the winning answer (so it'll just be our secret)...
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
SARubin - Direct Response Copywriter / Conversion Flow Expert
Share This With Friends