Do You Believe In Magic?

Rants, raves, fun and games. And anything not directly related to copywriting
SARubin
Copywriter
Tagline: Spinning Words Into Gold

Do You Believe In Magic?

Post by SARubin »

Look Daddy, that man just pulled a rabbit out of his hat! How did he do that?

I don’t know honey… it must be MAGIC !

rabbit-in-hat.png

Oh the enchantment of youth. When parlor tricks and slight of hand equated to genuine magic.

Sadly, as we grow up and find ourselves needing to be more “realistic” in our world, much of that magic is lost to the folly of youth.

Yet, so many of us still yearn for the mystical dreams of manifestation. And we “want” to believe in the wonderful gifts of magical enchantment.

So what does any of this have to do with marketing?

Well… because so many people have a deep desire to believe in magic, many become easy prey for the con artists and scammers of the world.

I’ve been a member of multiple forums for a few years now, and every time I see a thread started with someone asking “how can I make a lot of money, fast and easy, with little effort?” (or any variation of this question)…

I still find myself shaking my head in despair, because I know I’m watching some poor little lamb who’s volunteering to be eaten by wolves.

Hear these words, dear newbie… If you’re looking for easy magic, you’ll find plenty of people willing to offer you everything your heart desires. And most of them are making their money by selling you the magic system.

When the magic system doesn’t work…

– Some will learn the lesson.

– Some will join the ranks of snake oil peddlers, and do unto others what has been done to them.

– And many will simply look for the next bright shiny object. Until one day you find yourself screaming at the internet about all the scammers who just want to take your money. (Never accepting the fact that this is exactly what you volunteered for)

Hey look, I’m not immune to the fantasy myself… “Oh, how many times I’ve wished it were true, that I could simply buy a magical system for $97, and it would bring me $5000 a month in passive income, with little to no effort.”

But I know better, and so should you…

Do you honestly think you can start a business today, and make enough money to quit your job next week?

And do you truly believe it when someone tells you they can drive 1000 people to your website, and easily turn half of them into paying customers?

If you believe these things, then you are the lawful prey to any scammer selling magic formulas, secret sauces, or bright shiny objects.

The truth is, a sustainable business takes work. It takes a combination of time… effort… and yes, “money” to make it work.

The sooner you realize this, the sooner you can stop chasing the mirage of easy money… And the sooner you can decide if you’re willing to pay the price for success.

You pay the price with your time, effort, knowledge and experience, and an obsession to succeed.
And you’ll know when you’ve paid the price, because your success will be here for the whole world to see.

There is a glorious banquet of wealth and prosperity available to you right now. But it’s not like a restaurant where you eat first, and pay after. It’s more like a cafeteria where you choose what you want, and then you pay before you eat.

Now I’m not here to preach to you. You’re an adult, and you can make your own decisions. And if you want to search for the magic formula that can make all your dreams come true… then by all means, have at it.

But here’s a spoiler alert for you…

…That rabbit was up the magicians sleeve the whole time.
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
SARubin - Direct Response Copywriter / Conversion Flow Expert
AnnieJ

Re: Do You Believe In Magic?

Post by AnnieJ »

That is a good story with a good lesson.

There is no elevator to the top. You have to take the stairs.
eshoddyy

Post by eshoddyy »

SARubin,

I kept smiling reading this. I was a newbie stuck with this magic mindset for so long…

I just believed the internet could spill out dollars for me…LOL.

I kept buying every product (thanks to JVZoo). To make it worse, I had bright shiny syndrome…

I kept believing…this next product will give me the result I seek…

And I am not even surprised there’s a market referred today as “opportunity seekers”.

JVZoo rebranded the name and coined it as “online consultant”.

LOL.

Eventually I learnt the secret sauce to making money online or build a business is to sell either a product or a service.

Thank you for taking me down memory lane today.
SARubin
Copywriter
Tagline: Spinning Words Into Gold

Post by SARubin »

Hey Elijah,

Good to see you my friend.

I’m just happy I could bring a smile to your day 🙂

Hope everything is going well with you.

All the best,
Steve
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
SARubin - Direct Response Copywriter / Conversion Flow Expert
eshoddyy

Post by eshoddyy »

SARubin,

So good to hear from you too.

All is going well with me.

Trust you are doing great too.

My regardsto your family
Share This With Friends