Scientific Advertising by Claude Hopkins

Some of the greatest copywriting books ever written
SARubin
Copywriter
Tagline: Spinning Words Into Gold

Scientific Advertising by Claude Hopkins

Post by SARubin »

claudehopkins-scientificadvertising.jpg
Of course no list of marketing or copywriting books would be complete without mentioning Scientific Advertising by Claude Hopkins.

While this may not technically be a “copywriting” book, it does outline some detailed advice for writing effective ad copy.

One of the biggest takeaways I got from this book is the science behind testing and measuring results.

The idea is to test small and make sure your adverting works, before spending a ton of money on rolling it out to a mass market.

And always track and measure the results, so when you make any changes you know which changes are having the biggest effect on your conversion rates.

Claude Hopkins understood a fundamental truth that seems to allude many advertisers, even to this day.

That fundamental truth is… Advertising’s job is to sell. Not to be fancy, or clever, or cute… But to sell!

And knowing how to measure the effectiveness of an ad, is crucial.

Scientific Advertising is a fairly quick read, and if you’re a serious copywriter or marketer, this should be a cornerstone piece in your library.
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
SARubin - Direct Response Copywriter / Conversion Flow Expert
Pavan Matkar

Re: Scientific Advertising by Claude Hopkins

Post by Pavan Matkar »

Started reading Scientific Advertising.
SARubin
Copywriter
Tagline: Spinning Words Into Gold

Re: Scientific Advertising by Claude Hopkins

Post by SARubin »

Excellent book to start with, Pavan.

I think I still have an audio version of the book, if you’re interested. It’s narrated by Gary Halberts son, Kevin. He gave it away a few years ago (he might be charging for it now?) but he gave it to me for free, so if you’re interested let me know and I’ll get it to you.
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
SARubin - Direct Response Copywriter / Conversion Flow Expert
Share This With Friends