Breakthrough Advertising by Eugene Schwartz

Some of the greatest copywriting books ever written
SARubin
Copywriter
Tagline: Spinning Words Into Gold

Breakthrough Advertising by Eugene Schwartz

Post by SARubin »

breakthrough advertising - gene schwartz.jpg
Breakthrough Advertising by Eugene Schwartz is one of those classic copywriting books you’ll need to read more than once before you truly begin to grasp the wisdom within the pages. I've read it twice so far and I'm certain I'll grasp something new the next time I read it.

This is not just a book for copywriters, but a book for every business owner or advertiser who wants to increase sales. (if you’re not interested in increasing sales, then this book might not interest you)

Bear in mind… Breakthrough Advertising was originally published in 1966, so some of the language is a bit outdated. Also, there was no Internet back then, so it doesn’t cover every aspect of modern advertising and marketing.

But the psychology of consumer behavior hasn’t changed much in the last 50 years.

In other words… Some concepts are timeless. And Eugene Schwartz understood this, very well.

One of the big takeaways I got from this classic copywriting book is the concept of market awareness.

There’s different stages of awareness for any viable target market, from completely unaware… to somewhat aware… to fully aware. And understanding which state your audience is currently at brings the job of writing persuasive sales copy closer to the realm of science.

The “states of awareness” are just one of the many advanced concepts in this classic copywriting book.

If you’re serious about being a great copywriter, then Breakthrough Advertising by Eugene Schwartz is a must have book for you to read, and understand.
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
SARubin - Direct Response Copywriter / Conversion Flow Expert
Share This With Friends