I Need help to write copy for dog-grooming service

Want some feedback on your copy? Then post it here (who knows... you just might get some good advice)
SARubin
Copywriter
Tagline: Spinning Words Into Gold

Re: I Need help to write copy for dog-grooming service

Post by SARubin »

lottor wrote: February 4th, 2020, 4:10 pm I just can’t get through this point.(I’ve already tried the “so what method” but I still can’t get the benefits.)
Yeah, the “so what” method never worked for me because I feel like the method doesn’t have any flow to it.

We say “so what” after each feature, but then we’re still left trying to bring up a completely new thought in the form of a benefit.

It might work for some people, but it always left me feeling cold and uninspired.

That’s why I created a similar but better method (at least it’s better for me) feel free to give it a try. Maybe it will work for you?

Mine is the “which means” method.

What you do is to simply say “which means” at the end of every feature you mention.

After each feature packed sentence you think… “which means _________ for you” ( fill in the blank with the actual benefit to your target audience)

When you use this simple exercise, it can help you bring up the benefits to your reader…

… Which means you’ll be able to connect better with your audience…

… Which means more people will trust that you care, and that you are here to help them fulfill their needs…

… Which means they’ll be more likely to do business with you…

… Which means a lot more conversions, and more revenue for you and your business.

Do you see what I did there? I used “which means _______” and took it multiple levels deep until I started turning it into a solid benefit… for you!

To tighten the copy up a bit I might go with…

“When you use this simple exercise, it’ll help you write your copy in a more client centric and benefit driven manner. This will help your customers feel like you care about them, and it will help you get a lot more conversions, and more revenue for you and your business.”

Of course this exercise won’t give you polished sales copy all by itself. But thinking this way, can help get you moving in the right direction (a client oriented, benefit driven direction)

I wrote an article a while back that touches on this method…

Keeping Your Audience Engaged – Part 1 of 2

lottor wrote: February 4th, 2020, 4:10 pmPlease help me extract benefits from facts out of dog grooming-related service. (It feels like can do it for any subject but when it come to dog grooming service… I just freeze.)
Do you have any current, or past clients, lottor?

Those clients would probably know why they choose to get their dog groomed, and why they choose you over all the other dog groomers.

Instead of trying to figure out what they want, sometimes it’s quicker and easier to just ask them.

If you don’t have any clients yet, then you’ll need to do some market research.

Market research is when you hang out with your target market and become part of their world for a little while.

Learn what they talk about and the kind of words they use when they talk to each other. This research will often tell you everything you need to know to use the right words, and right message, in your copy.

Where does your target audience hang out? (dog care forums? facebook groups for dogs? social places online, or offline?)

Figure out where they hang out, and then you’ll want to pay close attention when people start talking about “WHY” they go to a particular dog groomer.
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
SARubin - Direct Response Copywriter / Conversion Flow Expert
lottor

Post by lottor »

Hey SARubin, thanks for you help.

I read your suggestion: “keeping your audience engaged part 1 and 2“.

Note: I want the swipe file you mentioned at the end of part 2.

Let’s move on…

I tried your ” Which means method” and I’ll put it bellow what I got out of it:

Feature - Benefits - Benefits (Next level) - Benefits (Next level)

Quality Which means you’ll be satisfied and next time your dog needs grooming you’ll know who you should trust in

Price Which means you won’t have to break a leg to have your dog groomed Which means you could afford your dog caring

Bathing Which means your dog will not only smell good Which means your home won’t be “smelling bad”
all around because of your dog

Grooming Which means your dog will not only look good but will prevent it from illness and parasite infestation Which means it’ll become easier to spot some allergie, wound, bumps, parasite Which means you’ll be sure your dog health is always ok

Ear Care Which means your dog’s ear will be clean and out of risk of
otitis (otitis is an inflamation that causes pain in the ears) Which means you won’t have spend money with medicines

Nail Clipping Which means your dog is less likely to bump its nail into something that might cause a wound. And also prevents it from walking ackwardly

So, do you think I got your method right?

Feel free to make any improvement.

Note: Hope you don’t get it wrong and think I want you to do it for me. Nooooo way!

all I want is to make sure I’m getting better not because I think so, but because a seasoned-pro says so.

Thanks again.
SARubin
Copywriter

Post by SARubin »

lottor wrote: February 8th, 2020, 12:26 pm Hey SARubin, thanks for you help.

I read your suggestion: “keeping your audience engaged part 1 and 2“.

Note: I want the swipe file you mentioned at the end of part 2.
It’s an old swipe file I had included with one of my courses (back when I had a few courses)

I’ll send you a private message with the link where you can download it. It’s a zip file about 2MB big, so depending on your internet speed it could take a little while to download?

lottor wrote: February 8th, 2020, 12:26 pmSo, do you think I got your method right?
You’re getting the hang of it. Like I said, it won’t give you beautiful copy all by itself, but it can help create an outline for turning features into benefits.

After you get some solid benefits (sometimes we need to go for second or third level benefits), next we need to work on making it flow smoothly for easy reading.

Example: Quality –
Our quality guarantee means that we not only have years of experience, but we’ll also make every effort to earn you as our next excellent reference. Which means next time your dog needs grooming you’ll know who you can trust with the care of your pet.

Some of what you have here could also be the start for some good bullet points under a subheading…

(example) Here are 3 important ways we care for you and your dog…
  • Price – Our affordable prices mean you won’t have to break a leg to have your dog groomed. Which means you can afford to take care of your dog and still have money left over for other important things in life.
  • Bathing and Grooming – Your dog will not only look and smell great, but your home won’t smell bad because of your dog. And proper grooming will prevent it from illness and parasite infestation, which means you’ll be sure your dogs health is always OK.
  • Nail Clipping – Means your dog is less likely to bump its nails into something that might cause a wound. And it also prevents your dog from walking awkwardly.

Of course these are just examples. The actual words you use will reflect the way your target audience talks. That’s why it’s important to listen to the market, so you can use the same kind of words they use.
lottor wrote: February 8th, 2020, 12:26 pmNote: Hope you don’t get it wrong and think I want you to do it for me. Nooooo way!
I don’t think that at all (if I did we'd be talking about my fee right now instead of your copy :D ). I see you actually making an effort to improve, and whenever I see someone who’s actually making an effort, then I’m more than willing to help out when I can (of course it depends on how much time I have in my busy schedule. But if I have time, then I try to help).
lottor wrote: February 8th, 2020, 12:26 pmall I want is to make sure I’m getting better not because I think so, but because a seasoned-pro says so.

Thanks again.
From what I can see, you are getting better. But the true judge is the marketplace. If your target market responds to your copy… then it’s good.

If they don’t… then it’s your job to figure out why by testing different things like

message (headlines, offer, call to action, etc.)
media (where are your ideal clients hanging out?)
target market (demographics, buying habits, psychographics, etc.)

Keep up the good work lottor. And remember what David Ogilvy said…

“Never stop testing, and your advertising will never stop improving”

All the best,
Steve
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
lottor

Post by lottor »

Hi guys!

It’s been awhile, but I’m back.

I ran an ad for six days (02/12/2020 – 02/17/20200

I ran it through facebook ads (That was my first time using this platform).

Below I’ll show the copy I used and the result I got.

Feel free to point out any piece of my copy that you feel like it’s not ok and what you would have done instead.

That’s my copy…

Headline:

This important thing you must know before trusting someone to get you dog groomed.

Copy:

Does your dog need grooming but you’re worried if it will get well treated?

– Here your dog will receive love and caring from professionals that love what they do.

– Discover the real motive people feel unsafe when it comes to grooming their dogs…and what you should do to not regret your choice— Just knowing this little secret it’ll help you save a lot of money. (if you don’t know this yet, then you’re losing money!)

Don’t do this mistake too…Chosing a dog-groomer only by its price— See how to get top-notch grooming without having to pay a mountain of money.

– Try our grooming service and get 20% off your first month!

Know more (my whatsapp link)

P.S. This offer expire 02/17/2020. Take advantage of this now, so… You’d better hurry!

Result from this ad:

Reach: 2,807

Impressions: 3,420

Result: 5 whatsapp conversation started

Total Spent: $26,70

P.S. My monthly service starts at $100 so… doing the math… 5 started conversation x monthly service = $500 brought home.

P.P.S. I didn’t like the result. Lots of peolple saw this ad but only 5 has got in touch. What do you think about this?
SARubin
Copywriter

Post by SARubin »

Hey lottor,

Good to see you.

It’s hard to give too much critique on the actual copy because you’re translating it from Portuguese into English when you post it here. And translators don’t always keep the words or syntax in proper order.

But from what I can see, your copy is looking better all the time.
lottor wrote: February 18th, 2020, 2:01 pm
P.P.S. I didn’t like the result. Lots of peolple saw this ad but only 5 has got in touch. What do you think about this?
It’s hard to say if those numbers are good or not…

How target are your facebook ads?

If you’re laser targeting local dog owners… who have shown interest in buying dog accessories (dog toys, chew treats, dog grooming products, etc.)… who earn a good income, and can afford to pamper their dogs…

Then yeah, those response rates look a little small.

But if you’re only broad range targeting your ads, then those numbers are what you can expect.

On the other hand, I think you’re looking at the wrong numbers…

You spent $26.70 on ads, and it brought in $500 worth of business?

That’s almost 1900 percent return on ad spend

Any adman in the business will tell you those are great numbers. Welcome to the wonderful world of marketing.

If you continue to get 5 new clients for every $27 in ad spend, you are going to keep your wife very busy grooming dogs.

Of course, it depends on how many of those conversations you can turn into actual clients. (That’s where salesmanship comes in)

But what you’re doing right now is called “Marketing”. And it seems like you’re starting to get the feel for it.

Good job!
lottor

Post by lottor »

Hey SARubin,

I’m so glad for your help so far.

I’ve taken every suggestion of yours.

Now, I want to finish this post because I’ve written my copy from scratch and with…

your help, I was able to finish it better than I would on my own.

So…What I’ll do from now on is…keep studying…keep learning…keep testing and…

Of course, keep on this forum.

Thank again…and again… and so on and on…
SARubin
Copywriter

Post by SARubin »

lottor wrote: February 23rd, 2020, 1:09 pm Hey SARubin,

I’m so glad for your help so far.

I’ve taken every suggestion of yours.

Now, I want to finish this post because I’ve written my copy from scratch and with…

your help, I was able to finish it better than I would on my own.

So…What I’ll do from now on is…keep studying…keep learning…keep testing and…

Of course, keep on this forum.

Thank again…and again… and so on and on…
I’m glad I could help you move forward with your copywriting, lottor.

From what I can see, you’ve already improved a great deal in a short amount of time.

And if you stick with it, keep learning, and keep testing, I believe you’re going to be a good copywriter and marketer in the very near future.

I hope you will come back here and let me know how you’re getting along. And if there’s something else I can help you with just let me know and I’ll do what I can to help.

All the best,
Steve
Share This With Friends