Examples of Big Ideas

If it's about getting people to "Directly Respond" to your copy, with the action you want them to take, this is the place for it
featherman32

Examples of Big Ideas

Post by featherman32 »

Hi Guys and Gals,

Can I ask a question that has been plaguing me since I started learning copywriting and that is the idea of THE BIG IDEA Can somebody provide some examples, especially for make money products because they all have the bid idea of making money easily. If we polarise this idea and state the product shows you how to use Twitter to make money and another shows you how to use Facebook ads, those are USPs right? so what is the bid idea, no pun intended

Also, how to i find the big benefit does it come from the benefits I extract from the product or should I study the udience and see what rsonates with them and match it up to a benefit and build the sales message on that?

Any examples and explanation would be most helpful, thank you..
SARubin
Copywriter
Tagline: Spinning Words Into Gold

Re: Examples of Big Ideas

Post by SARubin »

featherman32 wrote: Hi Guys and Gals,

Can I ask a question that has been plaguing me since I started learning copywriting and that is the idea of THE BIG IDEA Can somebody provide some examples, especially for make money products because they all have the bid idea of making money easily. If we polarise this idea and state the product shows you how to use Twitter to make money and another shows you how to use Facebook ads, those are USPs right? so what is the bid idea, no pun intended
Here's a link to a short post I wrote a couple years ago, with a few examples of how you might come up with a big idea for your marketing campaigns.

Check it out when you have a minute, maybe it can help get you started...

What's the big idea???

featherman32 wrote:Also, how to i find the big benefit does it come from the benefits I extract from the product or should I study the udience and see what rsonates with them and match it up to a benefit and build the sales message on that?
It's both. But mostly the second one.

Your product contains the features that hold the benefits, but benefits are always subjective.

For example: Your money making product might be built around following the latest trends, and getting in front of the next big wave to make a ton of cash. And if I'm a young person looking to get rich, your offer might seem exciting, and resonate strongly with me.

But if I'm an older person who's more interested in safe and secure investments, your product won't resonate with me at all because it'll seem too risky.

So the benefit comes from your product, but the desire for that benefit always comes from your audience.

The key is to know how to tie the benefit of your product into what the market already wants. And equally important... Know how to find the right market for your product.
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
SARubin - Direct Response Copywriter / Conversion Flow Expert
Share This With Friends