Welcome to the Copywriters Forum

As long as you're here introduce yourself... At least say hi 😀

Hi Everyone ! New to copywriting

At least say hello
copylover

Hi Everyone ! New to copywriting

Post by copylover »

Hi everyone,

I am new here glad I found this forum a forum that looks legit with a small tight-knit community.
Inspiration came from Mad-Men and then the desire to go into Sales with this skill.

I know I must do legwork to improve my writing dynamics in this field. Are there any books you guys reccomend to read and some
old copy examples I can download to start reading and learning ?

Many thanks to everyone here. Here is to an awesome 2021 for all of us.
Franklin
Copywriter

Re: Hi Everyone ! New to copywriting

Post by Franklin »

Hi copylover and welcome

There's a few classic copywriting books you can read, listed at this link...

Great Copywriting Books

They're old school, like the guys on Mad-Men, but if you want to see how the true masters thought about copywriting these are the ones you want to start with
“There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who can count, and those who can't”
SARubin
Copywriter
Tagline: Spinning Words Into Gold

Post by SARubin »

copylover wrote: February 20th, 2021, 11:21 pm Hi everyone,

I am new here glad I found this forum a forum that looks legit with a small tight-knit community.
Inspiration came from Mad-Men and then the desire to go into Sales with this skill.

I know I must do legwork to improve my writing dynamics in this field. Are there any books you guys reccomend to read and some
old copy examples I can download to start reading and learning ?

Many thanks to everyone here. Here is to an awesome 2021 for all of us.
Welcome copylover,
Glad you found your way to the forum.

Since you were inspired by Mad-Men, one book you might enjoy is "Seducing Strangers by Josh Weltman"

Josh was the actual consultant for the Madmen TV show. He's a real world advertising guy who's worked on some big campaigns, and he's the reason the Don Draper character actually knew what he was talking about when it came to advertising.

As far as finding old copy swipe files to study, you can check out Swipe-worthy at - https://swiped.co/
There's a ton of old, and new, copywriting examples you can look at and study
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
SARubin - Direct Response Copywriter / Conversion Flow Expert
copylover

Post by copylover »

Hi SARubin,

Hope you had a nice weekend thank you for sharing that book and the website I appreciate it. I want to know is there a specific thread on this forum to practice copywriting and get feedback?
copylover

Post by copylover »

Franklin wrote: February 21st, 2021, 12:14 am Hi copylover and welcome

There's a few classic copywriting books you can read, listed at this link...

Great Copywriting Books

They're old school, like the guys on Mad-Men, but if you want to see how the true masters thought about copywriting these are the ones you want to start with
Thank you so much Franklin I will check this out.
I was wondering if there is a thread here to practice my copy by writing on example products and services here.
SARubin
Copywriter
Tagline: Spinning Words Into Gold

Post by SARubin »

copylover wrote: February 22nd, 2021, 3:04 pm I want to know is there a specific thread on this forum to practice copywriting and get feedback?
Sure, I don't mind taking a look and maybe offering you some feedback. Depending on the purpose of why you're writing it will determine how much feedback.

If you have something you'd like to have looked at you can post it in the copy review forum here - Copy Reviews
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
SARubin - Direct Response Copywriter / Conversion Flow Expert
WordyWordpecker
Writer

Post by WordyWordpecker »

Welcome to the forum copylover. There's some good people here. And now you're one of us :mrgreen:
copylover

Post by copylover »

WordyWordpecker wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 10:33 pm Welcome to the forum copylover. There's some good people here. And now you're one of us :mrgreen:
Hey WordyWordpecker thank you so much. I am really enjoying the atmosphere here. 8-)
copylover

Post by copylover »

SARubin wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 2:10 am
copylover wrote: February 22nd, 2021, 3:04 pm I want to know is there a specific thread on this forum to practice copywriting and get feedback?
Sure, I don't mind taking a look and maybe offering you some feedback. Depending on the purpose of why you're writing it will determine how much feedback.

If you have something you'd like to have looked at you can post it in the copy review forum here - Copy Reviews
Definitely I can use both for reviews and help thanks @SARubin
Share This With Friends