Welcome to the Copywriters Forum

As long as you're here introduce yourself... At least say hi 😀

Reminder: Add Snappy Introductory Headline Here

At least say hello
Scribla

Reminder: Add Snappy Introductory Headline Here

Post by Scribla »

Hi everyone - just joined today so thought it's best I say hello.

My Story:
For years I've been like a swiss army knife, someone who could duck and weave through different roles and industries since I'd managed to learn enough about various different areas of digital marketing. Things like SEO, PPC, social media management, Wordpress websites and a bunch of other skills to pay the bills.

But the only one I ever truly enjoyed was writing.

It comes effortlessly to me, free-flowing, fingers tapping, headphones on and away I go... hell I've even made tax lawyers sound exciting!

Deep down I know I'm a words guy, not a numbers guy. And certainly not an analytics and charts and graphs guy, which is a massive problem in my current job. That sorta stuff puts people to sleep. But words, they can start revolutions.

That's why I want to focus on copywriting fulltime.

"Ok, let's see your portfolio."
"Eeeeh...."

See most the good stuff I wrote is no longer online and the majority of the stuff that still is has someone else's name or company logo on it.
So I'm here first and foremost to try and remedy that situation and pick up any other insights and inspiration I can along the way.
Franklin
Copywriter

Re: Reminder: Add Snappy Introductory Headline Here

Post by Franklin »

Welcome to the forum @Scribla :)/

I feel you have an interesting story to share. I can hardly wait to read the next chapter.
“There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who can count, and those who can't”
SARubin
Copywriter
Tagline: Spinning Words Into Gold

Re: Reminder: Add Snappy Introductory Headline Here

Post by SARubin »

Hi Scibla,

Welcome to the show. Glad you found us.

I'm a word guy too. I love words...
Big words, little words, fat words, skinny words, words that climb on rocks.

Words give meaning to thoughts. They allow us to communicate those thoughts with others. They give life to the blank canvas of creation.

Without words I wouldn't have much to say. With words I can talk all day (even if I have nothing to say)

So if you're looking for a place to share your words, and pick up insights and inspiration...

Scribble away my friend, scribble away. (or would that be "scribla" away? Not sure if that's a noun or a verb?)

Scribla wrote: January 21st, 2022, 12:38 pm
But the only one I ever truly enjoyed was writing.

It comes effortlessly to me, free-flowing, fingers tapping, headphones on and away I go... hell I've even made tax lawyers sound exciting!

Deep down I know I'm a words guy, not a numbers guy. And certainly not an analytics and charts and graphs guy, which is a massive problem in my current job. That sorta stuff puts people to sleep. But words, they can start revolutions.

That's why I want to focus on copywriting fulltime.

"Ok, let's see your portfolio."
"Eeeeh...."

See most the good stuff I wrote is no longer online and the majority of the stuff that still is has someone else's name or company logo on it.
So I'm here first and foremost to try and remedy that situation and pick up any other insights and inspiration I can along the way.
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
SARubin - Direct Response Copywriter / Conversion Flow Expert
Share This With Friends