Welcome to the Copywriters Forum

As long as you're here introduce yourself... At least say hi 😀

New here!

At least say hello
Colincopy

New here!

Post by Colincopy »

Hello! Happy almost 2024.

I'm Colin, I'm a history teacher looking to branch out and freelance. I'm 26, so I'm young, but I do think I have a good base knowledge of the field and possess a lot of the skills (time management, writing ability, understanding of audience) to do well in it.

However, I've really struggled trying to get a lot out of the classes and other online "help" out there to get started, so I figured it might be more my jam to come here and meet some real people who went through it before. My biggest obstacle has been creating a portfolio, not because I am having trouble writing, I think there's just a lot I could include, and I will keep second guessing myself on it. What I feel like I really need is someone to give me the type of "project" a copywriter would receive, such as "I need this product reviewed for an audience of blue collar workers", and be able to show that off. I could be way off on this, though.

Anyway, after browsing this forum, it seems like a really good community, and I'm excited to get to know you all. :D
Franklin
Copywriter

Re: New here!

Post by Franklin »

Hello Colin :)/
Welcome to the forum.
“There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who can count, and those who can't”
Share This With Friends