If it's about general copywriting this is a good place for it 

If you sell to different cultures you need to read this...

If it's about copywriting, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, this is probably a good place for it
SARubin
Copywriter
Tagline: Spinning Words Into Gold

If you sell to different cultures you need to read this...

Post by SARubin »

Think your offer has a universal appeal?

Think again...

Based on the culture of your reader (how and where they grew up) we get a remarkably different reaction from the exact same offer.

And it's more than just a language barrier.

The diverse cultural values from different societies can change the entire meaning of our advertisements.

Even colors can play a role in this story...

In most Western cultures the color RED represents danger or excitement, while in many Asian cultures it stands for good fortune.
In the USA White is for weddings, in some other cultures it's for funerals.

So what colors are in your advertisements? And where are they being seen?

And when it comes to the emotional appeal in our marketing campaigns, the culture people are raised in can make all the difference between "interest" or "outrage" in our reader.

Religious and political ideologies always play a huge role, but there's also many subtle influencers hidden just below the surface.

I've always known this to be true, and it's helped me bridge many rapport building gaps in my marketing life.

And now I just finished reading a great book titled "The Culture Code" by Clotaire Rapaille.

If you haven't read it yet I highly recommend it. I have the audiobook version, but whichever version you prefer I think it's worth the price...

The book is from 2007 and the only thing I don't understand is "why didn't I hear about this book until now?"

(Better late than never I guess ;) )

It's a great book that talks about different cultural values, and how they can invoke different emotions from all of our sales and marketing copy.

Anyway, here's a link from Amazon where you can buy it. (This is not an affiliate link and I don't make a penny if you buy the book)

https://www.amazon.com/Culture-Code-Ing ... 0767920570

After you read the book I'd love to hear your insights...
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
SARubin - Direct Response Copywriter / Conversion Flow Expert
Share This With Friends