If it's about general copywriting this is a good place for it 

Getting Clients

If it's about copywriting, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, this is probably a good place for it
WordyWordpecker
Writer

Getting Clients

Post by WordyWordpecker »

Hi friends,
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question so please move it if I posted it in the wrong place :?

I just started back into copywriting after being out of it for a time and I'm wondering if any of the experienced copywriters here can help me find new writing clients.

Before I found work on fiverr but now the competition is huge with everyone charging like 2 dollars for a 1500 word article.

How can I break through the competition and find writing jobs that pay more than 2 dollars?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance ()<
SARubin
Copywriter
Tagline: Spinning Words Into Gold

Re: Getting Clients

Post by SARubin »

WordyWordpecker wrote: September 17th, 2022, 9:54 am Hi friends,
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question so please move it if I posted it in the wrong place :?

I just started back into copywriting after being out of it for a time and I'm wondering if any of the experienced copywriters here can help me find new writing clients.

Before I found work on fiverr but now the competition is huge with everyone charging like 2 dollars for a 1500 word article.

How can I break through the competition and find writing jobs that pay more than 2 dollars?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance ()<
Hi Wordywordpecker,

I feel your pain my friend, not finding clients can be discouraging. Especially when you're just starting out.
You have some experience, but right now you're basically just starting out because you've been away for a while.

Is it safe to assume you mean content writing, instead of copywriting? I have to ask because I call advertising and sales copy "copywriting", and I usually separate it from content writing. But I know a lot of people group the two together.

Either way I have 2 quick questions for you...

1 - Do you still have any contact info from your past clients?

If you did good work for them in the past you should reach out to them now, because there's a good chance they would be your most likely buyers. (assuming they still use freelance writers in their business)

2 - Have you tried any of the other freelance sites out there? Other than fiverr?

I believe upwork and freelancer are still around. And if you do a google search for "freelance writing sites" I'm sure you'll find a bunch more.

Sorry I can't be more help to you, but I haven't really gone looking for new clients in about 5 or 6 years now. Most of my work comes from long term clients, referrals, or my own stuff.

If you want to try finding clients from a different approach, other than freelance sites, here's a couple posts that talk about a different way of finding clients...

Finding clients as a B2B Copywriter

Selling yourself as a beginner and building a portfolio

Check em out, you may find them useful...
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
SARubin - Direct Response Copywriter / Conversion Flow Expert
CWF-Admin
Copy Chief

Post by CWF-Admin »

You've posted enough times on this forum to earn exclusive, members only privileges. If you're looking for work ...
  • You can post a listing in our copywriters directory. It's free for you, and it can give you great exposure for your writing services - viewforum.php?f=6
Franklin
Copywriter

Post by Franklin »

SARubin wrote: September 17th, 2022, 5:40 pm And if you do a google search for "freelance writing sites" I'm sure you'll find a bunch more.
Google search result for freelance writing sites -About 26,400,000 results (0.58 seconds) :P
WordyWordpecker wrote: September 17th, 2022, 9:54 am
Do you have a portfolio that you can show to potential clients?
“There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who can count, and those who can't”
WordyWordpecker
Writer

SARubin wrote: September 17th, 2022, 5:40 pm
1 - Do you still have any contact info from your past clients?

If you did good work for them in the past you should reach out to them now, because there's a good chance they would be your most likely buyers. (assuming they still use freelance writers in their business)
I have contacted a few but have not heard back from them yet.
SARubin wrote: September 17th, 2022, 5:40 pm 2 - Have you tried any of the other freelance sites out there? Other than fiverr?
I have looked into other freelance sites but the competition is huge on other sites too.
WordyWordpecker
Writer

CWF-Admin wrote: September 18th, 2022, 10:26 am You've posted enough times on this forum to earn exclusive, members only privileges. If you're looking for work ...
  • You can post a listing in our copywriters directory. It's free for you, and it can give you great exposure for your writing services - viewforum.php?f=6
Thank you for this. I just sent you a private message
WordyWordpecker
Writer

Franklin wrote: September 20th, 2022, 10:38 pm Do you have a portfolio that you can show to potential clients?
I don't have a portfolio because i didn't plan that one very well when I was writing before. This time I will start one for sure :roll:
joseph-miller

Post by joseph-miller »

There are a few different ways to find clients as freelance copywriter. One way is to post your services on Perfectlancer (a freelancing platform), where you can connect with businesses who need help crafting compelling and persuasive copy. You can also reach out to local businesses and offer your services or attend networking events in your area.
Whatever route you choose, be sure to put your best foot forward and make a great first impression. Present yourself as a professional, competent writer who can help them achieve their marketing goals. Good luck!
Share This With Friends