If it's about general copywriting this is a good place for it 

Question about research for writing posts and articles

If it's about copywriting, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, this is probably a good place for it
WordyWordpecker
Writer

Question about research for writing posts and articles

Post by WordyWordpecker »

Writing a compelling blog post or article requires thorough research. This means you should put in the time and effort to develop a plan for gathering information.

What does research mean to you as a writer? Is it just writing down keywords? How should I go about researching for my articles?

Please chime in.
Franklin
Copywriter

Re: Question about research for writing posts and articles

Post by Franklin »

WordyWordpecker wrote: November 25th, 2022, 2:31 pm Writing a compelling blog post or article requires thorough research. This means you should put in the time and effort to develop a plan for gathering information.

What does research mean to you as a writer? Is it just writing down keywords? How should I go about researching for my articles?

Please chime in.
I doubt any two writers follow the exact same writing formula.

Therefore, it takes practice and experimentation before you get the hang of things. That said, there are several things I do to research an article.

Here are two I start with -

- Step 1: Search for keywords related to your topic. You want to find what people are searching for before you write your article, to optimize for SEO.

One place to do this search is visit Google Trends and enter your keywords. This will show you how many searches have been performed over time for related keywords.

From here, you can see if your keyword is popular or not. If it's popular, then you know people are looking for answers about your topic.
Once you've determined your audience and what they're interested in, I try to conduct some in-depth research. What does your audience care about? ? Do your competitors have similar articles?

All these questions can help you determine the direction of the article, or if you should even bother writing the article at all.

- Step 2: Find experts who have already researched the same thing.

Is there already content out there on this subject? Read articles that discuss similar topics and find ways they differ.

After reading several articles about the topic, brainstorm ideas for your own original content. Try to think outside of the box and come up with unique angles and perspectives. Write down any thoughts, opinions, and ideas that came to mind while researching and brainstorming.

Once I feel confident with my ideas, I can move on to the writing, and then editing.

Hope this helps.

-F
“There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who can count, and those who can't”
WordyWordpecker
Writer

Post by WordyWordpecker »

Thank you Franklin, this is very helpful :)
ArticleWriter

Post by ArticleWriter »

Franklin wrote: November 26th, 2022, 2:10 am
Do your competitors have similar articles?

Read articles that discuss similar topics and find ways they differ.
^^^ This ^^^

Add to this, I think of ways to write my article better than what is already out there.
Share This With Friends