If it's about general copywriting this is a good place for it 

The most important aspect in writing

If it's about copywriting, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, this is probably a good place for it
peggsue4

The most important aspect in writing

Post by peggsue4 »

Hey everyone,

As a person new to the field of copywriting, I have been of course researching everything on the subject. I was wondering if you'd all agree that clarity is the most important aspect of one's writing.
It doesn't matter how long or short a piece is, the message has to be clear.
Peg
SARubin
Copywriter
Tagline: Spinning Words Into Gold

Re: The most important aspect in writing

Post by SARubin »

peggsue4 wrote: February 22nd, 2023, 9:00 pm Hey everyone,

As a person new to the field of copywriting, I have been of course researching everything on the subject. I was wondering if you'd all agree that clarity is the most important aspect of one's writing.
It doesn't matter how long or short a piece is, the message has to be clear.
Peg
I agree, clarity is one of my top 2 most important aspects in writing. Folks need to be able to understand what we're talking about or they'll get confused, or frustrated, and quickly lose interest.

The other on my list is, it must be interesting (to the reader).

Most people will read 10 pages of copy, or more, if it's interesting to them, but won't read 10 sentences if it's boring or has no relevance to anything they're interested in.
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
SARubin - Direct Response Copywriter / Conversion Flow Expert
CWF-Admin
Copy Chief

Re: The most important aspect in writing

Post by CWF-Admin »

Clarity Trumps Persuasion
Case studies from marketingexperiments. com

Excerpt:
In marketing, we often feel that if we just knew the right word combination for a headline or if we could just discern the absolute best call to action, then we could push our results over the top.

But our research shows you don’t need to be a master of persuasion if you can simply take the time to study your site and develop it to achieve genuine clarity.

The bottom line is: clarity trumps persuasion. Admittedly, that sounds almost too simple and we don’t doubt that most marketers understand the importance of being clear. That said, understanding the practical application of this principle in your pages and processes can lead to enormous gains, as the following case studies demonstrate.

Link to full article:
https://marketingexperiments.com/value- ... persuasion

Share This With Friends