If it's about general copywriting this is a good place for it 

I can communicate telepathically with you

If it's about copywriting, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, this is probably a good place for it
luuuuisc10

I can communicate telepathically with you

Post by luuuuisc10 »

Calm down, right now you must be thinking: "WELL, another crazy person on the internet".

But wait, give me a chance to explain. You'll agree with me, won't you?

Please do not judge me. In fact, I want your opinion.

Read the sentence below:

''There's a skinny cat on the rocking chair. He stares fixedly at his favorite toy: a little green ball that is on the round table.

When reading this sentence above, maybe you imagined a black cat, or an orange cat. Green or blue eyes? And the rocking chair? Was it moving or stationary? Was it big, with a red cushion on top, or was it small and weather-beaten?

Even without detailing every element of the scene, I bet everyone saw essentially the same scene in their imaginations.

That to me is telepathy. This is sharing. Something that once belonged only to my imagination is now yours too!

Tell a story from your life to your best friend. Now, tell your doctor. Tell a second-grader. Tell Uncle you only see him at the New Year's barbecue. Realize? The same story can be told in many different ways!

The vocabulary, the structure, the level of detail all change significantly when you write specifically for one person (even if millions read it). It makes your text more fluid and pleasant to read. This is, perhaps, the most important thing in a story: that whoever reads it, identifies with it and likes it.

I think that now I really understand when SARubina says that one of the most important elements in copy, if not the most, is knowing your target audience in depth.

Now, if you still think I'm completely crazy, can you please give me the number of a psychiatrist.
SARubin
Copywriter
Tagline: Spinning Words Into Gold

Re: I can communicate telepathically with you

Post by SARubin »

Good stuff. I enjoyed reading it from start to finish...
I especially like how you closed the "crazy" loop at the end.
luuuuisc10 wrote: April 14th, 2023, 7:48 pm ''There's a skinny cat on the rocking chair. He stares fixedly at his favorite toy: a little green ball that is on the round table.

When reading this sentence above, maybe you imagined a black cat, or an orange cat. Green or blue eyes? And the rocking chair? Was it moving or stationary? Was it big, with a red cushion on top, or was it small and weather-beaten?

Even without detailing every element of the scene, I bet everyone saw essentially the same scene in their imaginations.

I pictured a calico cat on a wooden chair. With unblinking eyes, and a hunger of purpose, the cat forms a plan...
He crouches down, and with hind legs flexing for position he prepares to leap through the air and pounce on the unsuspecting toy.
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
SARubin - Direct Response Copywriter / Conversion Flow Expert
luuuuisc10

Post by luuuuisc10 »

SARubin wrote: April 14th, 2023, 9:31 pm Good stuff. I enjoyed reading it from start to finish...
I especially like how you closed the "crazy" loop at the end.
luuuuisc10 wrote: April 14th, 2023, 7:48 pm ''There's a skinny cat on the rocking chair. He stares fixedly at his favorite toy: a little green ball that is on the round table.

I pictured a calico cat on a wooden chair. With unblinking eyes, and a hunger of purpose, the cat forms a plan...
He crouches down, and with hind legs flexing for position he prepares to leap through the air and pounce on the unsuspecting toy.
Then the cat jumps off the wooden chair and walks to the glass door. There's an old sulphite sheet there with tape on it. As if able to read the sentences written in green crayon "feed the cat at 09:00 am", the feline stares intently at the paper, tail wagging slightly from side to side. (Something tells me he really is hungry).
luuuuisc10

Post by luuuuisc10 »

I'm learning Storytelling and there is a mercifully simple exercise that can be learned by anyone, especially those who think they don't have any creativity...

A simple yet extremely powerful exercise to get your brain in control to create is to make a word list. Literally any words that come to mind.

Duck, balloon, ice cream, gum, shoe, clown, elephant, videogame, finance, pen, singer, water…

Draw two of these words and try to think of different relationships between them, even if they are mega abstract. In this example, I randomly chose “clown” and “finance”.

I can think of an executive who works as a volunteer clown at an orphanage on weekends, or a new banknote that, when replacing an animal, bears the bozo stamped on it.

What you have to pay attention to is that reality does not need to make sense, but fiction does. There are many stories, especially in movies, that people criticize for being something without salt.

Imagine Super Mario going to save the princess and, when faced with Bowser, he sees a sword on the ground and decides to use it to duel his tormentor.

At no point in Mario's history is it established that he knows how to wield a sword (although he uses a hammer in several games). But: what sense does it make to have a forgotten sword on the ground OUT OF NOTHING?

Another example is RPG worlds. The GM begins his narration in a dramatic way for the players. “You are gathered in a tavern. The Barbarian with his axe, the Mage with a staff and her old spellbook, and the Cleric with a small shield and his steel club.”

Cool, but… Why do characters need to be heavily armed in this world? Why do they go armed even in a bar?! Where are the police?

Real life bears almost any explanation, but good fictional stories need cooperation, need cooperation.

Thought of the night...
SARubin
Copywriter
Tagline: Spinning Words Into Gold

Post by SARubin »

luuuuisc10 wrote: April 15th, 2023, 1:26 am A simple yet extremely powerful exercise to get your brain in control to create is to make a word list. Literally any words that come to mind.

Duck, balloon, ice cream, gum, shoe, clown, elephant, videogame, finance, pen, singer, water…

Draw two of these words and try to think of different relationships between them, even if they are mega abstract. In this example, I randomly chose “clown” and “finance”.

I can think of an executive who works as a volunteer clown at an orphanage on weekends, or a new banknote that, when replacing an animal, bears the bozo stamped on it.
This is good stuff.
The first time we talked I had a feeling you would teach me new things, but I did not realize it would happen this soon.
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
SARubin - Direct Response Copywriter / Conversion Flow Expert
Share This With Friends