Big Question For A Newbie In Email Copywriting

All things related to email marketing (mostly copywriting, but other stuff too)
Krisbencopy

Big Question For A Newbie In Email Copywriting

Post by Krisbencopy »

, Hey friends, sure you're good.
I hope my questions aren't stupid. However I still need a brother who's hands-on in email copywriting to kindly help clarify these.

1. Who provides the email addresses my copy will be sent to,
Me or my client?

2. Who should send out the email copies I wrote for my client,
Me or my client?

Many thanks,
Kris
SARubin
Copywriter
Tagline: Spinning Words Into Gold

Re: Big Question For A Newbie In Email Copywriting

Post by SARubin »

Hey Kris,
Welcome to the forum.

Your questions are not stupid, not at all. When it comes to working with clients it's always best to have a clear understanding of what's expected from both sides in the relationship.

Of course the final arrangement must be agreed upon by you and your client, but maybe I can offer you a little practical guidance?
Krisbencopy wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 3:26 pm
Me or my client?

Me or my client?
1. When it comes to writing emails for a client, usually the client provides the email addresses. They know their market and they should already have a list of the people they are marketing to.

If they don't have a list yet, then this can be an opportunity for you to help them build their list (for an additional cost of course). Or it might be a "red flag" that you are dealing with someone who doesn't know anything about marketing (in which case they might blame you if they don't make millions of dollars overnight)

It's really a case-by-case basis. And you need to look for other clues about whether or not they seem like a legit business, or just a fly-by-night dreamer.

That said, when you're just starting out I recommend only working with clients who already have a responsive email list of their own. It's a safer bet for you.

2. This answer is similar to the first one. The client should send out the emails to their own list, unless they want to give you access to their ESP (Email Service Provider) account. In which case you could offer to load the emails and click send for them (as an added service).

Once you get established as an email copywriter you may want to look into your own ESP and you can charge more for a complete service package, but in the beginning I recommend keeping it simple... You write the emails, and they send them to their own list.
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
SARubin - Direct Response Copywriter / Conversion Flow Expert
Krisbencopy

Post by Krisbencopy »

SARubin wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 8:15 pm Hey Kris,
Welcome to the forum.

Your questions are not stupid, not at all. When it comes to working with clients it's always best to have a clear understanding of what's expected from both sides in the relationship.

Of course the final arrangement must be agreed upon by you and your client, but maybe I can offer you a little practical guidance?
Krisbencopy wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 3:26 pm
Me or my client?

Me or my client?
1. When it comes to writing emails for a client, usually the client provides the email addresses. They know their market and they should already have a list of the people they are marketing to.

If they don't have a list yet, then this can be an opportunity for you to help them build their list (for an additional cost of course). Or it might be a "red flag" that you are dealing with someone who doesn't know anything about marketing (in which case they might blame you if they don't make millions of dollars overnight)

It's really a case-by-case basis. And you need to look for other clues about whether or not they seem like a legit business, or just a fly-by-night dreamer.

That said, when you're just starting out I recommend only working with clients who already have a responsive email list of their own. It's a safer bet for you.

2. This answer is similar to the first one. The client should send out the emails to their own list, unless they want to give you access to their ESP (Email Service Provider) account. In which case you could offer to load the emails and click send for them (as an added service).

Once you get established as an email copywriter you may want to look into your own ESP and you can charge more for a complete service package, but in the beginning I recommend keeping it simple... You write the emails, and they send them to their own list.

Hello SARubin,
Honestly, words are insufficient to express how grateful I am with your response.
I bet this forum is simply a BLESSING in all respects...
Thank you again for this guidance

Kris...
jamulim

Post by jamulim »

1. It depends on the arrangement between you and your client. You and your client should discuss and decide who will be responsible for providing the email addresses. You could ask your client directly, saying something like, "Hey, who should I send this email to? Do you have the email addresses, or should I provide them?"

2. Again, this is something that should be clarified with your client. Generally, if you wrote the email copies for your client, it would be reasonable for you to send them out as well. However, it's always best to confirm with your client and ask, "Shall I go ahead and send out the email copies I wrote, or would you prefer to handle that?"

Good luck!
Krisbencopy

Post by Krisbencopy »

jamulim wrote: May 27th, 2023, 2:17 am 1. It depends on the arrangement between you and your client. You and your client should discuss and decide who will be responsible for providing the email addresses. You could ask your client directly, saying something like, "Hey, who should I send this email to? Do you have the email addresses, or should I provide them?"

2. Again, this is something that should be clarified with your client. Generally, if you wrote the email copies for your client, it would be reasonable for you to send them out as well. However, it's always best to confirm with your client and ask, "Shall I go ahead and send out the email copies I wrote, or would you prefer to handle that?"

Good luck!

Thanks jamulim,
I really appreciate your response. !3
Share This With Friends