If it's about general copywriting this is a good place for it 

How start learn copywriting ?

If it's about copywriting, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, this is probably a good place for it
TheMaley

How start learn copywriting ?

Post by TheMaley »

Hello everyone,

I'm really lost, I don't know where to start to learn copywriting.

I've heard that books are the best way to learn but I don't know which book to read to learn MAINLY copywriting and not psychology and all that.

If you have suggestions for books that I could read or free training courses to really learn copywriting, I'm interested.

Thanks in advance.

TheMaley
TheMaley

Re: How start learn copywriting ?

Post by TheMaley »

Please answer me I really need it
SARubin
Copywriter
Tagline: Spinning Words Into Gold

Re: How start learn copywriting ?

Post by SARubin »

TheMaley wrote: January 16th, 2024, 6:31 pm Hello everyone,

I'm really lost, I don't know where to start to learn copywriting.

I've heard that books are the best way to learn but I don't know which book to read to learn MAINLY copywriting and not psychology and all that.

If you have suggestions for books that I could read or free training courses to really learn copywriting, I'm interested.

Thanks in advance.

TheMaley
Hello TheMaley,

I'm not sure that books are the "best" way to learn copywriting, but they can be a good place to start.

Although any good book on copywriting is going to include the psychology and all that, because different markets require different styles of copy.

For example: If you're selling a low price product to a mass market, then exciting verbs and flashy packaging usually works best.
But for a high-ticket / high-price offer you usually want to use a more sophisticated approach based on proof and prestige. (Many people will spend $10 for an impulse buy, but few people will spend $10,000 without a bit more convincing)

So it helps to know your market and their buying motivations.

As for which books to start with? I highly recommend "Victor O. Schwab - How to Write a Good Advertisement"

It's an older book, so many people ignore it, but it really is a complete copywriting course packed into the margins of a couple hundred pages.

There's a few others I could recommend but in my opinion this is probably the best one to start with.

Hope that helps.

All the best,
Steve
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
SARubin - Direct Response Copywriter / Conversion Flow Expert
Share This With Friends