If it's about general copywriting this is a good place for it 

Covert Persuasion For Winning Sales Copy

If it's about copywriting, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, this is probably a good place for it
SARubin
Copywriter
Tagline: Spinning Words Into Gold

Covert Persuasion For Winning Sales Copy

Post by SARubin »

The difference between deceptive manipulation, and empathetic persuasion, boils down to your “intent”.

If your intention is to trick people into buying your stuff only for your own profit, then it’s deceptive.

But when you truly believe you have value that can benefit the other person, then it’s not only proper, but it’s your moral obligation to persuade that person of those benefits.

And to that end…

Here’s a few (subtly suggestive) sentences you can use to increase the persuasion in your sales copy

Sprinkle these throughout your copy for the “empathetic” touch that can help skyrocket your response rates (I’m going to trust that your intent is to benefit others).

Future projection sentences…

If you’d bought this yesterday, you’d already be [experiencing Benefit]

In fact, many people are surprised how quickly they become [desired trait] in such a short amount of time.

Imagine yourself [experiencing Benefit]

Added benefit sentences…

You not only get [Benefit 1] but you’ll also get [Benefit 2]

Maybe our [product] isn’t [exaggerated promise] but it will deliver [Benefit 1, Benefit 2, Benefit 3]

This product might not solve [minor problem] but many people have found that it’s great for [major benefit]

[number] of people have eagerly paid [large but believable amount of money] to achieve [Benefit]. But if you take action right now you have an opportunity to get it for only [your price].

Get them to think “Yes” sentences…

You’re probably already aware of the fact that [main product leads to commonly known benefit]

You’re interested in [benefit], aren’t you?

The question is, are you ready to [solve problem]?

Just the fact that you’re here tells me you’re ready to [experience benefit / or solve problem]

So there you go… A few covert persuasion sentences you can sprinkle through your copy to help you connect with the story going on inside your readers head. I have a shit-ton more I could add, but this is a forum post (not a full length book) so I’ll end it here.

Here’s to writing more persuasive copy… More often…
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
SARubin - Direct Response Copywriter / Conversion Flow Expert
Share This With Friends