What is the best style checking app?

Articles, Blog posts, Content, Informational, etc. If it's not directly related to sales copy then this is the place to talk about it
ArticleWriter

What is the best style checking app?

Post by ArticleWriter »

Hello everyone,

I am looking for the best grammar and style checking app.
I am Currently using Grammarly, but I thought maybe there is something better.
I am looking for a tool that corrects grammar but also corrects style and gives me advice about sentence structure and overall tone of voice.

Can you recommend something?
SARubin
Copywriter
Tagline: Spinning Words Into Gold

Re: What is the best style checking app?

Post by SARubin »

ArticleWriter wrote: September 18th, 2021, 1:41 pm Hello everyone,

I am looking for the best grammar and style checking app.
I am Currently using Grammarly, but I thought maybe there is something better.
I am looking for a tool that corrects grammar but also corrects style and gives me advice about sentence structure and overall tone of voice.

Can you recommend something?
Hello Articlewriter,

There's a lot of different apps out there that serve different purposes. You're already using one of the more popular ones, Grammarly.

But when it comes to "style" checking, the biggest issue I see with your question is that style is a subjective term.

A classic style for one person might be boring for another person... and offensive to someone else... and outrageous or ridiculous or confusing to someone else.

Not everyone enjoys the writing style of Ernest Hemingway. But many people do.

And with that as my disclaimer, here's an app you can try...

Segueing from my above comment, you can try the Hemingway app. It'll give you some basic styling advice such as pointing out passive voice in your text, too many adjectives, hard to read sentences, etc...
https://hemingwayapp.com/

Maybe this can help you? But remember... Style is always subjective, which means it's open to interpretation by the person or group engaging with it. So the best advice I can offer is to write in the style that best suits the audience you're writing for.
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
SARubin - Direct Response Copywriter / Conversion Flow Expert
Franklin
Copywriter

Re: What is the best style checking app?

Post by Franklin »

ArticleWriter wrote: September 18th, 2021, 1:41 pm
Grammarly is good for grammar and word checking, but for style and voice you need to develop your own style that's uniquely you. Unless you're writing for someone else, then you need to use the style that fits their brand because that's what they're paying you for.
“There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who can count, and those who can't”
Share This With Friends