Which ad copy do you like better?

Landing pages, Opt-in pages, Sales pages, etc. If it's written to get visitors to take action, and it's on a website, then this is the place to talk about it
Wordgirl

Which ad copy do you like better?

Post by Wordgirl »

Hi Folks,

I'm new here. I've been a copywriter for 20+ years, specializing in the dietary supplement industry.

I'm working on some native ads right now for a company that makes prenatal vitamins. These will appear within a pregnancy tracker app on a woman's phone. The target audience is women who are either pregnant or trying to conceive. The goal is to get them to click through to a landing page for the product.

I like the headline I have, but I'm trying to decide between 2 different versions of the ad copy (which must be 50 characters or less).

Which do you prefer of these two:
[headline]
The Prenatal Multi Loved by Moms-to-Be (39)
[body]
Crafted by a neurologist to nourish baby’s brain (49)
[CTA]
TRY RISK-FREE (14)

OR

[headline]
[body]
Neurologist-crafted. Mom-approved. (34)
[CTA]
TRY RISK-FREE (14)

Thanks for your thoughts!
SARubin
Copywriter
Tagline: Spinning Words Into Gold

Re: Which ad copy do you like better?

Post by SARubin »

Hi Wordgirl,
Welcome to the forum. It's great to have another experienced writer on board.

Of course the only way to know for sure is to split test them and let your target market decide which one they prefer. Numbers don't lie.

But since you're only asking for thoughts, and because I occasionally have one of those (sometimes 2)...
Wordgirl wrote: February 13th, 2022, 5:32 am
Which do you prefer of these two:
[headline]
[body]
Crafted by a neurologist to nourish baby’s brain (49)
[CTA]
TRY RISK-FREE (14)

OR

[headline]
[body]
Neurologist-crafted. Mom-approved. (34)
[CTA]
TRY RISK-FREE (14)

Thanks for your thoughts!

I prefer the first one because it actually conveys a tangible benefit that touches the heart strings of a hopeful mom-to-be... Nourishing baby's brain.

What new mom wouldn't want that, right?

Where the 2nd one has the benefit of a catchy slogan, but it reminds me of an old TV commercial for breakfast cereal... "Kid tested - mom approved"

It adds a bit of fun to the product, but is that what expectant moms really want when they think about improving their unborn baby's cognitive development?

I guess it depends on your market's demographics. A younger crowd might respond to the catchy slogan. A more mature mom-to-be will likely respond better to the tangible benefit.
Also the context surrounding your ad when they see it can play a big role in response (is the pregnancy tracker app more gamified and fun? Or more straight forward and serious in nature?)

Again, there's only one way to know for sure which ad works best with your target market. If you decide to split test them I hope you'll come back here and let us know which one performs better.

All the best,
Steve
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
SARubin - Direct Response Copywriter / Conversion Flow Expert
Wordgirl

Re: Which ad copy do you like better?

Post by Wordgirl »

Thanks so much for your quick reply.

You make a great point. It is geared toward a Millenial audience, and the "newsfeed" structure definitely looks a lot like social media, so it has a lighthearted feel. But the brand itself is quite serious. So I think #1 is the winner. There will be a split test but I've already settled on the B version of the copy. I was trying to decide which of the A versions to submit to the client. Here's the B version. I'll come back and let you know the winner!

[headline]
Excited? Anxious? Overwhelmed?
[body]
1 choice is easy — your prenatal vitamins (42)
[CTA]
LEARN MORE (11)
Share This With Friends