What is the difference between an article and a blog post?

Articles, Blog posts, Content, Informational, etc. If it's not directly related to sales copy then this is the place to talk about it
Zak1357

What is the difference between an article and a blog post?

Post by Zak1357 »

Hi to my fellow copywriters,

From what I understood after researching a bit for their difference, articles are more formal while blogs are more casual.

But I'm not sure if articles in content writing have the same structure as you would have when making a thesis, for example. How formal should an article be?

And how should an article be structured in content writing, compared to a blog post?

Any answers would be appreciated

Thanks guys!
Franklin
Copywriter

Re: What is the difference between an article and a blog post?

Post by Franklin »

Zak1357 wrote: August 22nd, 2024, 6:35 am Hi to my fellow copywriters,

From what I understood after researching a bit for their difference, articles are more formal while blogs are more casual.

But I'm not sure if articles in content writing have the same structure as you would have when making a thesis, for example. How formal should an article be?

And how should an article be structured in content writing, compared to a blog post?

Any answers would be appreciated

Thanks guys!
I'd say the structure of the content depends on the publication. For example, an article for the Onion is more satirical but an article for the Wall Street journal is usually more formal, and a blog post should reflect the personality of the individual blogger.
“There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who can count, and those who can't”
nehakakar

Post by nehakakar »

An article is usually formal and detailed, often found in newspapers or magazines. It gives a lot of information about a specific topic.
A blog post is shorter and more relaxed. It’s written in a friendly, conversational style and is often updated regularly on a website. Blog posts usually include personal opinions or experiences.
Franklin
Copywriter

Post by Franklin »

nehakakar wrote: September 12th, 2024, 12:48 pm Blog posts usually include personal opinions or experiences.
Sadly, much of the so called journalism these days is little more than personal opinion ;)
“There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who can count, and those who can't”
Share This With Friends