If it's about general copywriting this is a good place for it 

Been receaving so much from this forum… now I think it’s about time I gave…

If it's about copywriting, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, this is probably a good place for it
lottor

Been receaving so much from this forum… now I think it’s about time I gave…

Post by lottor »

Hi y’all,

I just want to share something that has made me improve my skill.

I’ll put the source (link) here, so you guys can take advantage too. Without a doubt, these tips will make you craft better copy.

What you’ll learn now it’s a treasure that THE GREAT GARY HALBERT shared and…

I so believe what he taught that… I dare to tell you this…

If you can’t understand what you’re about to “see” you won’t be an A-List copywriter ever!

Ok, time to learn now.

You must learn to “sweeten the offer” in order to making your copy irresistible.

Unsweetened sample:

I’ll Sell You This New Caddy For
$18,000 And I’ll Let You Drive It
For A Week Free Before You Decide
Whether Or Not To Buy It!

Sweetened sample:

I’ll Sell You This New Caddy For
$18,000 And I’ll Let You Drive It
For A Week Free Before You Decide To
Buy It… The Sweetening starts here…Plus, You Don’t Have To Pay
Me For It All At Once; You Can Pay Me
Over A Period Of Five Years!

“You should think more about how to “sweeten” your offer than any other aspect of writing copy. Think about what you are selling. How would you like to buy it? Would you want a free trial? A huge and legitimate discount? Easy payments? A money-back guarantee? Would you like a free gift with your purchase like a color TV or a toaster oven? A night on the town with Kim Bassinger or Paul Newman? A free Florida vacation?” (Gary Halbert)

To know more about sweetening the offer go to…

Source 1: http://www.thegaryhalbertletter.com/new ... writer.htm

Next thing you should learn that’ll make you an…

A-LIST COPYWRITER

“When it comes to writing copy, far too much attention is paid to the actual writing and far too little is paid to ferreting out facts about that which the copywriter is trying to sell!” (Gary Halbert)

Source 2: http://www.thegaryhalbertletter.com/new ... _going.htm

Pay closely attention now. If you’re really serious about being GREAT… hit the link above right away!

The last but not less important…

“I want you to imagine you are at a very high class cocktail party in New York City. And a gorgeous young woman is there who is being courted by almost every man at the party. Each of them chat her up to the best of their ability. They are all trying to figure out what appeal they could use to attract her to them so they could establish a relationship with her.”

“One guy talks about his show business connections and how he could get her jobs as an actress in several different movies.”

“Another guy tells her that he represents models and she is so beautiful if they worked together, he could almost assure her she would be on the cover of almost every popular magazine in America.”

“Several other guys try to impress her with how much money they have. They talk about the companies they own, the yachts they have as play toys, the Ferraris, Lamborginies and Rolls Royces they drive, and how their wealth is so obscene, they and anybody connected with them, will never again have to worry about anything to do with money.”

“A couple guys are just drop-dead good looking and they try to attract her with their wit, good looks and animal magnetism.”

None of this seems to work on her very well.

Then a youngish, somewhat unattractive man walks over to her and whispers a few words in her ear. Her face brightens with a 1,000 megawatt smile she says “Yeah! Let’s do it!” and she gets up and walks out of that party arm-in-arm with that lucky man.

What was the difference that made him successful while everyone else struck out? It’s very simple: You see…

He Knew A Secret About Her…

He Knew She Had A Secret Desire!

And when you’re trying to sell something there is no more powerful piece of ammunition you can have than to know someone’s real deep-down core desires.

In this case, the young woman was a heroine addict. And this man recognized her as such.

What he whispered in her ear was simply, “Hey, look down here in my hand. I just scored some of the best smack in New York City. You want to get high with me?”

And, of course, she’s up and out of the room like a rocket.

It’s worth repeating: There is no more of an edge in marketing (and life) than… knowing the hidden desires of the people you are trying to sell.

Each and every group of people… doctors, psychiatrists, policemen, mothers, plumbers, etc. have certain desires and knowledge that is not shared by other groups of people.

You must hit the link below just now if you want to have any chance of some day (Not you call yourself but…) someone call you a copywriter. If you don’t click it… you won’t be an A-List copywriter ever, period!

Source 3: https://www.thegaryhalbertletter.com/ne ... -21-05.htm

My take on all of this:

If you don’t know the basics, if you do not get grounded to the fundamentals, you’re going to be (easy-bait ) prey that these false gurus are craving for.

P.S. I don’t know if the word “easy-bait” is really a word or if I made it up just now. (Who cares? Nobody, I know it. It doesn’t matter… Just go to the next “PS”, that’s really something you should care about.)

P.P.S. I know this post got long but I promise you this… It’s really worth the time and… if you don’t take time to learn it… you’ll never become an A-List… That’s enough! I know you got it already. Good luck!
SARubin
Copywriter
Tagline: Spinning Words Into Gold

Re: Been receaving so much from this forum… now I think it’s about time I gave…

Post by SARubin »

Great post lottor. I believe it will help many people who visit this site.

I’ve learned a lot from reading Gary Halbert’s stuff, and listening to his audio recordings over the years.

I’m happy to see you’re still interested in becoming a great copywriter. (a lot of people quit once they find out it actually takes effort to become good)

Keep up the good work.

All the best,
SAR
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
SARubin - Direct Response Copywriter / Conversion Flow Expert
WordyWordpecker
Writer

Re: Been receaving so much from this forum… now I think it’s about time I gave…

Post by WordyWordpecker »

Thank you for this. Gary Halbert was the best copywriter ever.
Share This With Friends