Welcome to the Copywriters Forum

As long as you're here introduce yourself... At least say hi 😀

Happy to be here. And looking forward to conversing with you...

At least say hello
SARubin
Copywriter
Tagline: Spinning Words Into Gold

Happy to be here. And looking forward to conversing with you...

Post by SARubin »

Hello to all the bright people who were smart enough to become members of this forum (Yes, that means you… and me, too)

My screen name is SARubin. But you can call me Steve if you want.

How did I come up with this screen name…?

Well, it’s my first initial “S” and my wife’s first initial “R” (for Roann). And our last name “Rubin” morphed together into SARubin. (sorry if you were hoping for a more mind blowing explanation, but I guess sometimes the truth makes the best story)

Anyway, I’m 50+ years old (which probably makes me a dusty old dinosaur, to many of you here) I have a wife and two adult children (20 and 18) 2 dogs, 2 cats, and a beta fish.

I quit my last JOB back around 1994. And since that time I’ve owned and operated multiple businesses over the past 25 years. (Usually had more than one business going, at any given time)

Over the years, I’ve owned and operated…

– A small home restoration business (which I still own to this day)

– Worked in network marketing (MLM) for a couple years (made some decent money at it, but I never really liked it all that much)

– Built websites for a couple years, back when most of them were still created in HTML (anyone here remember when HTML was popular?)

– Owned and operated a fairly successful E-commerce site for 7 + years (until I unloaded it a few years ago)

– And there were also a couple other business ventures that didn’t work out too well. (so I won’t talk about those)

The truth is… Even from the beginning I always loved writing my own ads and sales copy. It honestly amazed me to watch how some words lead to a lot of sales… and some other words don’t. And to this day I’m still fascinated to see a how changing a few words can make such a dramatic difference in conversion rates.

And the best part is… I get to be a detective and figure out which words will resonate best with the audience. (It actually got a lot easier once I fully understood that the product is always secondary, and most of what makes good copy, great, depends on the audience you’re talking to)

All of this is probably what led me to where I am today. For the past 10+ years, I’ve been helping other business owners improve their advertising and dramatically increase their conversion rates, and revenue (mostly through direct response copywriting, and conversion rate optimization of their sales funnels)

I won’t bore you with all the details of how I’ve helped generate millions of dollars over the years, because I’m not here to brag about myself. Also, I don’t want to turn this introduction into a full length novel, so I’ll just finish up with this final thought …

The main reasons I’ve joined communities like this in the past, were…

1 – To exchange ideas, with like minded people.

2 – To learn from the wisdom of those with more experience than me.

3 – To share my knowledge with those who have less experience than myself.

Sadly, many of the open copywriters forums I belong to have been found to be lacking. (A couple of the paid one’s are OK, but not worth what they’re charging)

One day I heard myself complaining about all the things I didn’t like about Facebook groups, LinkedIn, and a few of the other main copywriting forums (annoying things like uneducated guesses being thrown around as if they were facts, and more than just a few over-inflated egos spewing the rhetoric of their own greatness)…

Well, my friend also heard me complaining too much so he challenged me to either “PUT-UP or SHUT-UP”

So I thought to myself… “He’s right. I got no business complainin’ if I don’t at least try to make it better.”

Anyway, that’s why with the help of a couple friends, I started this copywriters community…

As I write this, we’re only a couple months old. And I’m looking forward to seeing where we can take it.

I believe with your help we can turn this community into something great!

My main job is to listen to you and implement as many suggestions as possible about how to make this community a place you want to belong to. (read this Forum Suggestions thread to understand the limitations of what we can do)

My secondary job is to make this forum a place where copywriters (old and young) can come to exchange ideas, and find solid copywriting advice from knowledgeable experts.

All I ask in return from you is 3 things …

1- Contribute to the community (ask questions, give answers, or just share your wisdom)

2- Be sure to tell others, who might benefit from this community, to stop by for a visit…

3- Let me know if you need anything to make your time here more worthwhile…

So, that’s the short story of me…

Happy to be here. And looking forward to talking with you soon.

All the best,
SAR
These users thanked the author SARubin for the post (total 4):
Franklin, MikeyWrites, Rhonda, WordyWordpecker
A good marketer knows how to think like a marketer - A great marketer learns how to think like the customer...
SARubin - Direct Response Copywriter / Conversion Flow Expert
Share This With Friends